AVIC411.com

Appradio2 with 30-pin to Lightning converter?

Will the Appradio2 work with the 30-pin to Lightning coverter cable, or do i HAVE to buy the iPhone 5 Pioneer cable?

Right now, with it, music works, but any time I try and view any apps, the screen is black.

I've read about issues with iOS 6.1 and the Appradio, and I'm not sure if thats the problem or if it's the converter cable.

Will the Appradio2 work with the 30-pin to Lightning coverter cable, or do i HAVE to buy the iPhone 5 Pioneer cable?

Right now, with it, music works, but any time I try and view any apps, the screen is black.

I've read about issues with iOS 6.1 and the Appradio, and I'm not sure if thats the problem or if it's the converter cable.

Looks like you've got it pretty well summed up. The lightning to 30 pin adapter does not output a video signal that the AppRadio can use, hence Pioneer's new cable. 

And I think you'll need more than just the new Pioneer cable.

"To complete compatibility between these Pioneer products and the iPhone 5, consumers must also obtain Apple’s Lightning to USB Cable and Lightning Digital AV Adapter, as well as a firmware update* from Pioneer (available this spring at no charge). The CD-IH202 will be available in March with a suggested price of $50."

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Press-Room/Car-Audio-Video/Pioneer+Announces+Enhanced+iPhone+5+Connectivity+for+AppRadio+2+and+AppRadio+Mode+Products

The 30 pin adapter is not capable of providing the necessary video the AppRadio needs. Pioneer is fixing it using the Lightning to HDMI adapter to provide the AppRadio with a video source and a way to charge the iPhone 5. The phone will be controlled via bluetooth, hence the need for a software update. Also I believe all the apps have to be updated to support controlling the iPhone 5 via bluetooth. 

The 30 pin adapter is not capable of providing the necessary video the AppRadio needs. Pioneer is fixing it using the Lightning to HDMI adapter to provide the AppRadio with a video source and a way to charge the iPhone 5. The phone will be controlled via bluetooth, hence the need for a software update. Also I believe all the apps have to be updated to support controlling the iPhone 5 via bluetooth. 

Jesus. So the iphone 5, as of right now, doesnt do jack squat with the Appradio other than play music?

Wow, that's pretty bad.

Thanks Apple.

Jesus. So the iphone 5, as of right now, doesnt do jack squat with the Appradio other than play music?

Wow, that's pretty bad.

Thanks Apple.

This happens when you change from one standard to another. The jump from analog to digital has these effects. Overall the lightning cable is the superior cable. It is more durable, it is more adaptable to future improvements, it is more user friendly, and is far smaller, which in the world of smartphones is absolutely vital. 

With any big change there is a teething time when you lose some capability in comparison to the old standard because everything you used was based around that standard, but just like the change to USB from multiple different connectors to control your computer, the end result will be a better experience.