AVIC411.com

Just bought a F700BT

Hi everyone,

I just bought a F700BT and am trying to figure out a few things. I want to update the maps on them, but not sure how to do it. The response time on the unit is kinda slow. Is there a fix for this? I haven't messed with any DVD units at all, so I am totally new to this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I've looked at a few threads and they are kinda confusing, so I'm hoping someone might be able to guide me on this. I do have the parking brake mod in place.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

ah ok your still on firmware 2.x, when i had my 700 with the 2.x firmware it was constantly reboot and it was slower. you need the 3.x firmware the question is it still available on here. My laptop is just about out of power. I'll see if i can find some links tomorrow.

uuhh in not sure if you can just skip over 3 ... i wouldnt just to be safe. yours uses the same software as the F700,F900,X710,X910 theres a couple more that i know im missing. X920 software and higher wont work on the F700

You can skip over it, but you need to do a wince upgrade and an internal flash storage format. Make sure you backup everything first!

Once you install firmware 4 you can download a torrent called "iGO US Canada Navteq 2011 Q4 (2012)". It should all fit on the flash memory. Telatlas/tomtom map data for igo will work too but the file sizes are too large so you will have to remove states you aren't planning to visit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...