AVIC411.com

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delete your AppRadio App on your phone and make sure you launch it on your iPhone 5 before connecting it the first time to your AR. You will want to select the country and let the compatible apps pages all load before you connect up. Also you may eant to delete your iPhone on the AR Bluetooth and pair it over again and let the contacts and such all sync & connect.

Are you seeing the Bluetooth icons in the upper right of the Apps button on the AR main screen?

• 2 months later...

I recently upgraded to 8.30 and now I can't use my iPhone 4S or iPod nano. I already tried switching to "Other" in the settings, and have tried running the AppRadio app, and the CarMediPlay app. Could anyone instruct me how to downgrade, if its possible, or how to get this working again? I've already opened the older 8.15.HAT with a text editor and changed the version to 8.30 and that didn't work.  I also contacted pioneer but I've yet to receive a reply. Any help would be very much appreciated.

• 3 months later...

Sorry if this is not the correct thread, but I need some help with myheadunit, here is my problem:

I have the AVH-8450BT I updated firmware and bluetooth version for it to work with iPhone 5. I bought and connected the new iPhone 5 interface cable and lightning to vga cable and lightning to usb cable. Appradio mode is working. Now the problem is the bluetooth phone call quality is really bad and voice of the person talking with me keeps breaking up, although they can hear me with no problems. The weird thing is when i first pair the phone and radio together the sound quality is very good but when i turn the ignition key off and then on the radio turns on as usual but bluetooth quality suffers again. To make it work i have to disable then renable bluetooth on my phone then it works for this session until next restart. I also notice bluetooth song streaming also suffers a bit so does appradio mode reaction times, buts its not as bad or unusable like when placing calls. Can you please help me fix it.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone newbies here.

I was wondering if you could all help me with my Appradio 2 Pioneer SPH da100.  I have had it a few years and am trying to work my iPhone 5 with it and update the 8.30 firmware but to no avail.  I have downloaded the firmware update onto my USB from both my iMac and my windows laptop but when I plug the USB in to my car stereo it says the following:

"The update file can't be read

Please save only one update file to USB memory

Press BACK to return and retry update"

Now this message appears even when I plug in a blank USB.  Am I doing anything wrong? Am I downloading the update wrong?!

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

Chris

Hi everyone newbies here.

I was wondering if you could all help me with my Appradio 2 Pioneer SPH da100.  I have had it a few years and am trying to work my iPhone 5 with it and update the 8.30 firmware but to no avail.  I have downloaded the firmware update onto my USB from both my iMac and my windows laptop but when I plug the USB in to my car stereo it says the following:

"The update file can't be read

Please save only one update file to USB memory

Press BACK to return and retry update"

Now this message appears even when I plug in a blank USB.  Am I doing anything wrong? Am I downloading the update wrong?!

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

Chris

There are hidden files that the Appradio will detect when you format the USB drive on a Mac. If you have access to a windows PC, reformat the USB stick to FAT32 and then copy the update files. It should work after that. 

• 3 weeks later...

There are hidden files that the Appradio will detect when you format the USB drive on a Mac. If you have access to a windows PC, reformat the USB stick to FAT32 and then copy the update files. It should work after that. 

Cheers Rockthebeef I did just that today and it worked and i installed version 8.30.  Sorry I only just saw this today!

Now that I have done that, I plugged my iPhone 5S in and it recognises the phone, shows the yellow music sign and will PLAy the music but no sound will come out!  Also, when I try and use WAZE or anything it says "Appradio wants to connect with your phone, allow etc" and I then say yes but it does not connect.  I have waited minutes but nothing happens.  When I use the iPhone4s again everything works.  Is there a reason for this why the iPhone 5S still does not work?

Cheers Rockthebeef I did just that today and it worked and i installed version 8.30. Sorry I only just saw this today!

Now that I have done that, I plugged my iPhone 5S in and it recognises the phone, shows the yellow music sign and will PLAy the music but no sound will come out! Also, when I try and use WAZE or anything it says "Appradio wants to connect with your phone, allow etc" and I then say yes but it does not connect. I have waited minutes but nothing happens. When I use the iPhone4s again everything works. Is there a reason for this why the iPhone 5S still does not work?

I'd try clearing out the Bluetooth phones from your radio memory and start over. Pair the 5S first and see if that works. It does take a while to make a connection. When I used an appradio 2 with my iphone 6 it would take a while before the connection established itself.

• 1 month later...

I'd try clearing out the Bluetooth phones from your radio memory and start over. Pair the 5S first and see if that works. It does take a while to make a connection. When I used an appradio 2 with my iphone 6 it would take a while before the connection established itself.

hello there, bit late again! I have successfully paired the bluetooth to my iPhone 5s and it charges, it recognises my songs, it plays them, it plays my spotify but with no sound!

Also, I have waited 5, 10 mins to get a connection to the app radio but nothing. How long did you wait?

I note above where  VBLUE42 says about the leads but I am not sure if buying any of them will work.  My App radio is connected with a HDMI Cable to USB, and I am then using a APPLE USB to lightning to go into my iPhone 5s. 

Any help? Is there any other lead I could use? If I bought a USB to HDMI Converter, then bought an Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter would that possibly work?

Have you read the connection requirements for i5 devices? It's plastered all over Pioneer's site as well as on this site.

I have yes, but I am not sure if they will work as I cannot change what comes out of the App radio as I have a nissan 350z and to take it all out you need an expert to do it, and the wiring is all beneath the flooring.  So I am stuck with having a HDMI lead coming from the AppRadio with a USB Female end.  So I can only plug a USB lead into the female USB connector.