AVIC411.com

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! Now think of all that you can do with that knowledge, like finish a 1 day project in 1 day next time instead of 2 months! So much gained congrats!

We'll miss EssexLisa probably more than mooresinho. She seemed nice. But glad you got it working!

Also, for future reference, when you post something it emails us and the email shows what you originally wrote so we did see all those f-bombs about us. Glad you went back and changed them though. So much progress for one day! Thanks!

• 10 months later...

Need some help with this head-unit please!

This came with the car, i don't use an iPhone but have an iPod Touch (5th gen). All connected up right with the original lightning cables/hdmi etc and i can get it all to work fine through the Car Media Player app but, it does NOT charge my iPod :( 

Ten minutes and the iPod is dead!!! Surely this can't be right?

Thanks for any help, it's driving me nuts!

• 2 months later...

guys, already read the thread, but still no luch in updating. I've tried 6 usb sticks (two really old ones with 1GB of memory, one new USB3.0 and couple of usual USB 2.0 8GB) and when I try to update Appradio tells all of them are contain more then 1 file. Here is my sequence of actions:

1) I format flash drives to FAT32 with standard cluster size

2) download latest 8.3 version from http://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/products/sph-da100/support  (on the front panel of my appradio is written DA100)

3) extract to USB stick file SPH-DA100_SYS_UC_Ver08.30.yuk (tried dragging and extracting directly to usb - still no results)

4) insert it into usb plug

5) I get message "can't read, there are more than 1 file..."

I've tried FAT/FAT16 , tried putting both files in same time. When I do the update on the back I have connected HDMI cable to Apple AV adapter , for bluetooth I made a reset before installing update

What I am doing wrong? 

solved. flash stick should be formated via older windows versions or via linux. New windows10 created hidden system folder that could not be deleted and that caused impossibility to update.

• 3 weeks later...

what a pile of crap this system is setting it up

talk about a money pit,buying cables

not compatible with hardy any phones unless numerous hours of research and wasted time

great sound and video playback

but funtionality out the box a big zero

alpine w910 now on order

plug it in ,job done,no messing for countless hours

just my findings/opinion btw guys

Functionality out of the box was great - in 2012 or whatever year the AppRadio 2 came out. I had one and it was awesome with a 30-pin iPhone. It was so good that I kept my iPhone 4S for 3 years. it was a great combo. Like with any technology these days, I had to move on once it became obsolete. 

I just wanted to say thanks to dimitracos for helping to get my update working thanks to his edited post in the thread and also to add some additional information.

Firstly this is speculation but it may be the case that if you use too big a USB key then the radio may not be able to read it properly, with sizes increasing all the time you can use Linux's gparted to partition the key to have a small partition instead of using th whole disk. I mention this because I've found in the past some live operating systems can get grouchy about booting from large storage devices. This may not be a requirement so ignore it unless all else fails when updating. Even though my key was 4GB I actually used gparted to make it a 32mb partition as a precaution.

Second I had actually formatted my USB key under Linux in case Windows was doing something like creating hidden folders. The ironic thing though is that I discovered I was right and used Linux to delete the hidden folder.

However because the update files were on my Windows computer I plugged it in to copy each update across. As soon as you plug the key into a modern Windows computer it creates the system volume folder and files and thus breaks the keys ability to update the radio.

So (thirdly) don't plug the key into a modern Windows computer or you'll get the error on update, or return to the Linux machine as I did and wipe out the system volume information folder again.

Some people may find using Linux daunting however, a live DVD is quite easy to use and the tutorials on the internet these days will make things relatively easy for a novice. Also it's soon going to be easier to get and use than trying to find an old version of Windows.

Also for the record since past posts and threads online say the radio can also be quite picky about the flash drive you use I figure I'd mention that the one I used was an old, used and navy-ish blue Integral 4GB USB key and this worked just fine.

Oh yes, and my iPhone 5 running iOS 9.2 works perfectly with the radio now so really happy about that after buying all the cables and then getting stuck with the update procedure.