AVIC411.com

Input Needed on New Headunit

Avic411'ers...

Im back in the market for a good touchscreen nav and again the AVIC series catches my eye. I used to have a AVIC-F700BT that I had modded a bit and loved it. Unfortunately I had to sell it with the car it was installed in. Im into a new car and have the itch to get another AVIC, but its been years since I've done any research and don't know where to start.

The X series in particular caught my eye, hence why Im posting here. Hopefully some of you can help with my quest to find a good nav for my car. 

Some info to go off of:

- Car the radio will be installed into: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI w/ Monsoon (double-DIN)

- I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S III, so as much integration with that would be awesome

- A2DP bluetooth would be amazing so I don't need to plug my phone in to play music through the stereo

- Modability is a HUGE plus - being able to bypass the motion/handbrake to use the nav at any time is an absolute MUST

If any further questions or clarifications are needed, please ask and Ill be more than willing to answer. I had originally thought of the X940 but heard it cant be completely bypassed?

Anyways... help is greatly appreciated!

The X940 is a double din so it would fit your VW. I only have stupid phones so I don't have first hand knowledge about Android integration, but I understand that that was one of the enhancements when they went from the X930 to the X940.

From the Operation Manual:

The device must have Android OS 2.2+

The device supports Bluetooth SPP (Serial Port Profile)

Compatibility with all Android devices is not guaranteed.

For details about compatibility see Pioneer's website.

You can register and use devices that feature the following profiles:

HFP

A2DP

There are instructions on elsewhere in this forum that explain how to bypass the handbrake lockout.

Browse this forum. You'll find lots of good information about what people like and dislike about theirs.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. I definitely like what I see with the X940BT. There are some car-specific things I need to work out first, but as long as modding the head unit either via the wiring or something in the software to bypass the handbrake requirement is possible, I may be sold on it