AVIC411.com

I've looked around and haven't found any news on this yet, but I'm curious if Pioneer has made any tweaks to the Nav system.

I've been eyeballing the z140 for some time while I waited for my bonus to kick in, but one of the prevailing thoughts is that the Nav seems to take people on odd routes.  Granted, that could just be people complaining excessively, but I'm not sure.

Has anyone heard any hints about whether or not this is being addressed?  Or frankly, are those concerns justified?

Right now with that z140 on Amazon for $650, it's tempting to just go for it anyway.

I would wait for the Z150 instead. It won't be that much longer until it's available. In fact I've heard 1 dealer can get hold of them already. It is going to cost quite a bit more than the Z140. I rather wait and do comparison. In the meantime, you can always download the Z150 install and operation manuel from Pioneer website to take a look at the install procedure and its features. I know I will be connecting a USB hard drive to the new unit when I get it later this month ( suppose to be available in March 2013 )

I am definitely waiting for the z150, have been for a month now.

mowmow, when do you think they will be released in March?  Middle or towards the end?  I've seen a few sites that have posted a "release date" of March 30th.

Also, I have been watching the official Pioneer site for the Z150 which stated a MSRP of $1500 for the past several weeks.  Yesterday I pulled up the site and it now says $1200 MSRP.  Any reason that I should be worried that Pioneer has dropped the price on a unit that hasn't even released yet?  I'm just overreacting I'm sure.

I'm leaning this way too - waiting.  Also hoping they make some changes to the interface.  I've heard a few people complaining about usability while driving.

hitman - I spoke to Cartoys and they told me that they've got a bunch headed to their wharehouse and expect to have them in the stores in the beginning of April.  As far as their price, he anticipated $1,100.  We'll see as this is all speculation at this point.

I'll download that manual and see what type of clues I can glean as far as changes are concerned.

I'm also trying to decide whether or not to get the z140 or wait for the z150. They always advertise some astronomical MSRP and it ends up being way cheaper on sites like Amazon. I'm expecting it to be about $899 on amazon when it's released. However, I really want to take advantage of the $631 price on amazon now. The only thing I know I really would like better on the z150 is the HDMI input and better nav. Pioneers navigation has always sucked. I will likely just use my phone anyways. Then I could always use the MHL connector to view google nav on my screen anyways. Decisions decisions. 

I dug into the manuals and it looks like there are some minor UI changes on the Nav that seem to make it easier to use.  The only question is how functional it'll be when on the road..... and of course how long it takes someone to figure out the bypass.

While very tempted to jump on the Amazon deal, I'm thinking that if I've held out this long, I can wait a couple months more for the UI improvement.

I dug into the manuals and it looks like there are some minor UI changes on the Nav that seem to make it easier to use.  The only question is how functional it'll be when on the road..... and of course how long it takes someone to figure out the bypass.

While very tempted to jump on the Amazon deal, I'm thinking that if I've held out this long, I can wait a couple months more for the UI improvement.

I'm waiting to find out the bypass info too but I think I'm going with an X950BH but that should be the same process I would hope?  When I had the old N3, there was a switch under the unit but I think with the later models it required one of the wires to change its pin position within the molex connector?  I can't quite remember.

• 2 weeks later...

I have my z150 installed. Anxiously waiting for bypass info. Very satisfied so far.

Funny thing, it's advertised as being built for iPhone 5 and Android yet it isn't compatible at all with the iPhone 5 out of the box. Called Pioneer and they informed me that the firmware update for iPhone 5 compatibility will be released in the next couple of weeks. Just thought that was strange.