AVIC411.com

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The update for Z140bh is out too but it's 120$ and it doesn't clearly state what exactly has been updated as in comparison from last year. 

its the maps!

jk, but seriously - nothing much but maps and pois. I think there is a backup camera overlay, but looking at EU 2013 update, don't expect 50-series UI changes.

You can look at the PDF guide that comes with the upgrade on the navigation website. It gives you some clues as to what is new/changing...

• 2 weeks later...

Change list appears on page 18 of the PDF for those looking - one change I noticed that seems like it may be a nuisance is the activation of "demo mode" if the navi is idle for 2 minutes.  I'm hoping that it is a screensaver that can either be turned off, or can be customized to something desirable.

Only thing I see that i'd like is the backup camera guides, but I didn't really see anything else significant.

So Pioneer did away with the UI updates (like the 150) on this one? 

right.

but makes sense in the pioneer-crack-monkey-product-versioning-number-scheme

right in the middle of the z110,120,130,140 -> 150 is a major platform and UI update.

Why wouldnt you call this z210, or even z250 ?

Same as when they went from x910 -> x920, completely different hardware/software, but looking at the product number you would think it was a minor update!

• 1 month later...