AVIC411.com

App Radio 2 For Android and Iphone on Sale 279.99

thats where i got mine, 2 days ago a d LUV IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now, there's a $120.00 rebate from Pioneer, but if you buy it from Best Buy or Best Buy online it doesn't qualify.  I just got a pricematch from ABT for 279.99, and since they are authorized to sell Pioneer, my final cost will be 159.99 LOL

It isn't surprising that Pioneer is moving on from the pure AppRadio. To be frank they were both test units to gauge interest and to prototype new ideas. Now that they are adding AppRadio functionality to their higher end radios these super inexpensive Pure AppRadios are on their way out. Real shame too. I hate all their other radios. Bunch of Fisher Price graphics and unnecessary bedazzling of their intererfaces filled with features I don't care about. Both AppRadios are so clean and well designed interface wise. I'm glad that at least my AppRadio 2 is more or less glitch free and running great with my 5, which means it will support all the new apps and the all new lightning based iPhones long after the AppRadio 2 is discontinued. Hopefully the hardware will last me a few years before it breaks down. I plan on keeping this radio when I move to my next car without at doubt. AppRadio has spoiled all stock radios for me period. 

Or maybe, just maybe, someone somewhere got a good deal on a decent machine.

No doubt its a good deal. I was talking about the unit itself, this unit is pretty useless without ARL. I am lucky it works with my Xperia ION via HDMI.

Just contacted ABT about a price match they will match it at 279.99 however Pioneer will decline the rebate according to the rep I talked to from ABT.   :neutral: He said that he could sell at 305 and guarantee the $120 rebate. Also if you live in the Midwest ABT charges sales tax

There should be no reason for Pioneer to deny the rebate; my receipt makes no reference to a price match, and even if it did, that's not one of the stipulations of the rebate.  Furthermore, I will challenge the charge with my credit card company.  I already know that it'll be too late for ABT to take the unit back.  At that point, the credit card company will refund my money AND tell me to keep the unit.

I was thinking the same thing it doesn't say anywhere on the rebate form how much you have to pay for the radio it just says from an authorized dealer as long as its not bestbuy. 

There should be no reason for Pioneer to deny the rebate; my receipt makes no reference to a price match, and even if it did, that's not one of the stipulations of the rebate.  Furthermore, I will challenge the charge with my credit card company.  I already know that it'll be too late for ABT to take the unit back.  At that point, the credit card company will refund my money AND tell me to keep the unit.