AVIC411.com

Just letting you all know.  To bypass the new AVIC-X850BT.  Simply ground the slot next to the mute wire.  You can move the mute wire over or just insert a skinny wire into the empty slot and make sure its tight and wont work itself loose over time.

also ground the original light green parking brake wire.

See the picture where a light green wire is inserted.  This is the spot.

Jeff

Total Auto Protection

Miami, FL.

post-18480-0-04262400-1362432927_thumb.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my x950bh (Realize its not the same model, but same generation) I grounded both the light green parking brake wire AND grounded the plug next to the mute like you did. It works fine as long as the car is still, but the 3D sensors apparently tell the device it is in some sort of motion and locks me out anyway :/ Does the 850 not have the motion sensors? How did you get around that, or was the plug next to the mute suppose to nullify that function?

On my x950bh (Realize its not the same model, but same generation) I grounded both the light green parking brake wire AND grounded the plug next to the mute like you did. It works fine as long as the car is still, but the 3D sensors apparently tell the device it is in some sort of motion and locks me out anyway :/ Does the 850 not have the motion sensors? How did you get around that, or was the plug next to the mute suppose to nullify that function?

I used Jeff's mod on my X950BH and it worked just fine. Only prompt I get is the unit telling me that it detected my parking brake wired inccorectly. It's not an issue because I can still watch movies while in motion as well as input addresses into the GPS.

Now I'm not sure if iI'm reading your post correctly, epsilonkore, but you're supposed to do one of two things for the mod to work . . .

1) Take the Yellow Mute Wire and move it over to the left one spot (where Jeff has the green wire). Then ground the green parking wire and the nearly switched yellow mute wire.

OR

2) Do what Jeff did and add a wire to the left of the Yellow mute wire. Then ground the new wire you placed along with the green brake wire. Make sure you leave the unmoved yellow mute wire disconnected. You do not connect this to anything since you've added a wire to replace it.

Hope that helps

I did step 2. Left the Yellow mute wire alone, plugged a slim wire into the hole next to it (per the photo) and connected that wire to the ground. I also grounded the parking brake. I did not ground the unmodified yellow mute wire.  I will check my connection one last time when I install my subwoofer this week to ensure it hasnt pulled out.

I just finished my install of the x950bh.  I performed the bypass by moving the mute pin to the empty slot directly next to the mute wire.  I then grounded the mute and light green parking wires.  Seems to have worked for me.  I have full control of everything while moving at 40mph.  I have gotten the same message as slopes2881 that the parking break wired incorrectly - it has only shown up once so far.

I am going to pull the cable I used and just move the mute pin over to see if that changes anything. I get the same warning of "the parking brake wired incorrectly" though. More nag screens to find a fix for in the years to come.

I'm curious to see if that works better for you (or if it was a just the new wire that got loose).  I saw some of the Amazon products but I'm sure just moving the wire is enough.

http://www.amazon.com/Parking-Override-Bypass-Automatic-Pioneer/dp/B008I5S4AW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1363712159&sr=8-5&keywords=pioneer+bypass

http://www.amazon.com/AVH-X1500DVD-AVH-X2500BT-AVH-X3500BHS-AVH-X4500BT-AVH-X5500BHS/dp/B00A9AQPUU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363712159&sr=8-1&keywords=pioneer+bypass

Let us know...

I just finished my install of the x950bh.  I performed the bypass by moving the mute pin to the empty slot directly next to the mute wire.  I then grounded the mute and light green parking wires.  Seems to have worked for me.  I have full control of everything while moving at 40mph.  I have gotten the same message as slopes2881 that the parking break wired incorrectly - it has only shown up once so far.

Come to think of it, I've only seen the message once as well

So I can also confirm that this works.  I just received my X950BH today and planned on waiting until this weekend to install it.  I was impatient and couldn't wait so I threw it in after work really quick.  I left some tools at the shop, and wasn't able to remove the mute wire to move it over.  I used a chunk of the p. brake wire and stripped it back about 1/4 or an inch.  I just slid it into the empty pin and zip tied it into place so it wouldn't come out.(temp fix til I have time to do it right.  I went for a drive and it worked well.  VSS was connected and no problem.  I did about an hours worth of driving, with speeds varying from 25mph to 65mph.  The improper connection screen appeared once, and that was it.

I've sent bypass wires to several people with the X930, X9310, Z130, X940, and Z140 models who have confirmed that they only needed to ground the bypass wire -- not the AVIC's parking brake wire.

So could someone try that with these new models?  That might make the p. brake warning message disappear completely.

@epsilonkore: That 2nd Amazon link is for a micro bypass device, which is a solid-state equivalent to a relay.  When you do the bypass hack we've been talking about here (either adding a new wire, or transplanting the AVIC's mute wire), you won't need a micro bypass (or a relay).

• 2 weeks later...

This says ground the parking brake wire but the book says it has to be on the hot side of the parking brake switch. Are they grounded? Or on the hot side

This post is to bypass the parking brake input needed to control certain functions.  If you want to bypass your unit then ground the parking brake wire and follow the instructions at the beginning of the post.