AVIC411.com

A simple solution to this problem is using a relay that tricks the unit into thinking the care brake is up. I use this relay setup daily at my shop if interested let me know. It's full proof and doesn't damage the head unit. Forget the extra pin above the yellow and black wire and forget grounding the light green it doesn't work my relay does

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mvb406 your a piece of shit don't lie to these ppl trying to peddle you wares totalauto's bypass works just fine

BigRedd I am also not using the white connector for my radio right now but sadly if you want to do the bypass you are going to have to plug it in and just have it hang there unused. But if you are saying yours didn't come with it I would go back to where you bought/installed it and get it cause they all should come with one.

good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, Noob to this site. as you can see by my first post.

Been looking all over this site for someone who might of ran into my same problem.

I did my by-pass by cutting a piece of the brake wire and adding it in the slot next to the mute wire. I grounded it in the same location with the parking brake and the normal black ground.  But everytime I turn the radio on it is muted. and I have ATT showing on the right and its grayed out. Once I remove the by-pass wire the radio works fine.

I followed the picture on Post one and there is also a video on youtube. The by-pass works but not sure why it stays muted and can't put my volume up. Any help or direction is appreciated.