AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS (New!) - Manual has disappointing news for iPhone 5 users...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried and tried and can't get my AVH-8500BHS to change from others to the digital setting.  A few folks mentioned that they did it, but weren't sure how they did it.  Did anyone figure it out?  Would love some help to get that setting to flip over so I can use things as intended.

I have tried and tried and can't get my AVH-8500BHS to change from others to the digital setting. A few folks mentioned that they did it, but weren't sure how they did it. Did anyone figure it out? Would love some help to get that setting to flip over so I can use things as intended.

Hello new to the forums. Here is what I do to switch from digital and others. If your radio is on turn it off. Do this by pressing the home button then selecting the off button. Then disconnect your iPhone from the radio. On the iPhone turn Bluetooth off. On the radio press the home button, then settings. You should now be able to select between others and digital iPhone. Hope this helps.

Hello new to the forums. Here is what I do to switch from digital and others. If your radio is on turn it off. Do this by pressing the home button then selecting the off button. Then disconnect your iPhone from the radio. On the iPhone turn Bluetooth off. On the radio press the home button, then settings. You should now be able to select between others and digital iPhone. Hope this helps.

I'm staying having issues getting to av digital.

Any other ideas?

I have tried and tried and can't get my AVH-8500BHS to change from others to the digital setting.  A few folks mentioned that they did it, but weren't sure how they did it.  Did anyone figure it out?  Would love some help to get that setting to flip over so I can use things as intended.

I had the same problem as all you guys (changing from "Others" to "Digital AV (iPhone)", but this has worked every single time (you have to redo this every time you pull the power from the unit.  

1.) Make sure the parking brake signal is getting what it needs (via the real parking brake or the Microbypass)

2.) Turn off all sources

3.) Turn off bluetooth on your devices

4.) Unplug (from the BACK of the unit) the HDMI cable and the 2 USB cables

5.) While it is on, you should be able to make the change to "Digital AV (iPhone)" at that point.

I know it is retarded that you need to pull the cables from the BACK of the unit to get things to work... I'm not sure if it is my cheap HDMI/USB cables or what but regardless, this has worked for me every time. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone had any luck having an iPod Classic connected to the 2nd USB port.. AND the iPhone 5 kit connected.... AND be able to see both the iPod Classic and iPhone 5 in advance appmode?  

I have iPhone 5 working great with AdvApp Mode.  But when I reset the unit because it was not seeing the iPod Classic... it changed the AppMode setting to OTHERS vs iPhone AV Digiital.  I got it changed back to AV Digital, but it wont see the iPod Classic now.  

Do I have to have the iPOD cable kit from Pioneer for BOTH to work... or will there just be too much conflict?  I am thinking it may just be better to go to a larger USB storage device rather than the iPOD classic. 

I went to the iPod Classic because then I could use iTunes Tagging as well as have a mass of music always installed in the vehicle.  My iPhone 5 is 64GB, but I always make room for newer stuff.  The iPOD classic would be nice because I could have alot of my older tunes always available for MixTraxx... even if its only MixTraxxEZ.  If I went with a 128gb or 256gb USB thumb drive, it might be better because I can sync from the MixTraxx App on my MAC and have full MixxTraxx available ... AND still be able to use AppRadio mode on my iPhone 5 for navigation, weather, news, etc...