AVIC411.com

Can you use the iphone 5 without the official pioneer cable

Hi Guys,

I am looking at the iPhone 5 now as to many snow issues with Arliberator and my note 2.

Basically I have the HDMI cable present do I just need the apple lightning av adaptor and an apple lighting cable since I have the HDMI already ?

Thanks in advance

Yes. it works just fine. Pair with bluetooth, connect digital AV adapter, connect HDMI, connect lightning cable to USB port on old cable. Done.

I have that exact same setup but when it tries to connect it gets to 50% and then crashes back out. Any ideas I can't even get it to mirror

Make sure you have the latest head unit firmware and latest AppRadio app. Also make sure you are using an authentic Apple adapter. If you bought it for half price on eBay or Amazon you have a fake and its almost guaranteed to fail.

On the original question about snow, I get that too, on occasion. It seems to do the snow ( or white noise as it is called ) intermittantly for a few seconds and then goes away for no apparent reason. I have the iPhone 5 connected via an HDMI cable only. The factory 30 pin cable is plugged into the back of the head unit, but it is not connected to anything. By the way, I had this problem with my iPhone 4 and with the 30 pin cable connected too, so the phone or connection doesn't seem to matter. My HDMI adapter for the iPhone 5 was purchased through the Apple Store, so that isn't the problem either. And, I'm on firmware 8.30. Anybody know of a fix yet?