AVIC411.com

Garret 2mey's Z3 Drives...ARE AWESOME

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just updated my Z2 using Garrets drive. It went flawless and you just have to love the tool thats included. Schweet Thanks again Goldcylon

Garret sent an email to your regualr address I have another possible sale for you but hes worried about his library on his Z1. Daryll

The package included everything I needed for the install, small screwdriver and 60GB drive. I especially thank him for the heads up on the small screws holding the drive to the mounting bracket. I made sure I had a good screwdriver and even then it was hard not to strip the screws.

I have had my drive installed for a bit over a month now and it works like a charm. Took a long road trip and with 5+ hours of continuous driving NO issues like re-boot.

He supports his stuff so if you have questions after purchase just drop an e-mail and he will get back to you the same day. I will never deal with e-bay for this type of stuff.

I had two of my friends buy the same drives just from my experiences.

Thank you for a nice package !

Ordered my drive on Friday and I received it on Saturday. Talk about service. Drive swap took me 15 minutes at most. I have removed small screws like this before so I didn’t have an issue. The trick to removing them is to put the drive on a solid surface. I clamp a vice-grip on the screw driver to get the turning leverage and push down on the screw driver while using the vice-grip to turn it. Works like a champ.

I was surprised that some of the settings were kept after the drive swap. I figured I would have to redo everything. I did lose all of the music I had loaded in but that is not a big deal to me anymore. Ever since I got the I-Pod interface I never use the library anymore. I have a 250 GB I-Pod that I use for my truck and have my entire music collection loaded. I live in the DC area so the map update was a big deal for me. A lot of updated streets. I had a Z1 and the upgrade was flawless.

Hey members, I bought one of Garret's drives and it was sooooo much easier then buying a drive and updating myself. I have all the tools and knowledge to do it myself but weighed my time in the price difference and Garret won hands down. Especially since the service was exceptional! To be completely honest, I think he should be charging more$$ and even at that I'd recommend it!!!

Jon

Questions:

Has anyone tested this drive under severe conditions such as off-roading, or probably worse, driving around on MI roads? My current Z1 does not skip a beat in songs or NAV on any road surfaces so far with my suspensionn modifications, including trails out west.

Does this upgrade include the latest map updates, and if not, can I still update to the newest maps for a Z1, or would I need Z3 maps?

Anyway to get the music transferred, or do the transfer myself?

Thanks to all....