AVIC411.com

Garret 2mey's Z3 Drives...ARE AWESOME

couple questions (looked on the first page, nobody asked).

What are the benefits of the Z3 over Z1?

Have they implemented Sirius Traffic yet?

Is the Ipod add-on quicker?

Are the graphic interfaces any different/quicker?

Any new nav voices?

Thanks in advance, I hate when people ask questions that have already been answered so I apologize if I did.

Maps and slightly modified interface

Dunno

No

Slightly

No

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally installed Garrett's HD today.

Let me say, this man is a saint. Hes a pleasure to do business with. Fast shipping, great communication...answered all of my questions, and above all, his hard drive works flawlessly. Definately the way to go rather than buying a brand new z3. Purchased a z2 for half the cost, and his HD...a great combination!

Another satisfied customer! It didn't take longer than 15 minutes. It's rare that a "quick" project actually goes quickley for me. After doing this mod, I think I probably should have asked about sending mine to him to copy everything over with the mod. I don't have that much on it, but I forgot how lazy I am. It would be nice to have everything I had plus the mod. I guess I'm a "cake and eat it too" kind of person.

I wish I could get outstanding service like this everywhere. Heck I'd settle for 50% of the time.

Thanks Garret!!

Garret, thanks for sharing your time and talents on this forum. New to the group with a couple of questions for you and the rest of the group....

I have just bought and installed a Z3. Love the unit. Unfortunately, I have all my prerecorded songs on a USB SATA drive and was wondering if there is any way to connect the drive to the Z3 and/or change the format of the songs from their current .mp3 or .wma with editing software to make the encoding onto the internal drive a less manual process and save wear on the CD slot? (i.e. is Pioneer just using some obscure format to encode music on the drive or is it truly proprietary?)

Garret, considering your offering, of course I would like the extra drive space, faster boot speed, more current maps and having a backup drive if the head crashes would be nice. My question is, with your drive can I swap back to the factory drive some time in the future and is your replacement at least as shock resistant and durable as the factory unit?

Thanks all. -Christopher

Christopher,

Welcome to the group!

There is no way to transfer your music directly from the USB drive to the Z's HDD. You can swap back and forth between drives (ie use one as a backup). The maps on my drives is exactly the same as the maps on your new Z3. Don't use the maps as a reason to upgrade. You would only be gaining:

1. an unlocked drive for future easy upgrades (able to save music)

2. slightly faster

3. larger music parition

No one has reported any heat/cold/shock issues with the MK6034GAX that we are all using.

I could not be more pleased with Garret's work. He received my package late one day and make an all out effort to get the drive back to me the next day - which he did in fact accomplish! Drive is great and he was nice enough to load some custom backgrounds of mine on the drive for me as well. Can't say enough about this gentleman - I plan on using him for all future upgrades!!!!

Sent Garret my old HD and tried his upgrade service. I can't say enough about how well everything went. Garret kept me informed through email and sent it out as quick as he could of. I just installed it and it works perfectly!! If you are questioning whether to try his offers, don't, he is the real deal!

Thanks again Garret.

-Ron

I joined this site because I saw Garret did the upgrades!

For my first post,I must say for living in Toronto, I got the Z3 upgrade fairly quick, shipped out Mon Sept 29 and got it within the week by Friday!

Heck I got it b4 I got my Z1!

Very pleased will have more to say once I get it installed!

Thanks Garret

BW.

What an awesome experience I had with Garret!! Ordered at 10am yesterday and I just put it in my Tahoe at 10:30am, just a little over 24 hrs. Everything works outstanding and Garret answered my emails very quickly. I would definitely recommend purchasing from him!!!!

Thanks Garret!!!! :D:D:D