AVIC411.com

Garret 2mey's Z3 Drives...ARE AWESOME

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Garret,

It doesn't get any better than this for an upgrade from Z2 to Z3. From start to finish the upgrade took me 10 minutes. The Torx driver sent was a gift I did not expect. Garret responds to email lightning fast, explains your upgrade options and ships the same day.

Thank you Garret and Happy New Year.

Bob Ralyea

Garret,

I got Avic z2 and I would like to upgrade the maps it will cost 120 dollars to get the upgrade but still same hard drive :( .... I see to this tread that it upgrade the map to 2008 gracenote and boothing time my question is I would like to purchase traffic nav but this is too expensive for me to maintain yearly speacially I am driving in LA.

Question #1 is is this hard drive upgrade to MSN traffic if not do I need to nav tech or sirius traffic after your upgrade?

Question #2 is while driving I can watch DVD I got the bypass thru the wire at the back is this still be on it?

Question #3 I pay cash I dont send information thru paypal let me know where I will mail it I live in Bellflower CA..

Thanks

Bumblebee

Garret,

I got Avic z2 and I would like to upgrade the maps it will cost 120 dollars to get the upgrade but still same hard drive :( .... I see to this tread that it upgrade the map to 2008 gracenote and boothing time my question is I would like to purchase traffic nav but this is too expensive for me to maintain yearly speacially I am driving in LA.

Question #1 is is this hard drive upgrade to MSN traffic if not do I need to nav tech or sirius traffic after your upgrade?

Question #2 is while driving I can watch DVD I got the bypass thru the wire at the back is this still be on it?

Question #3 I pay cash I dont send information thru paypal let me know where I will mail it I live in Bellflower CA..

Thanks

Bumblebee

Question #1: Only XM Nav traffic is available on the Z series, and you will have to subscribe for the service. My upgrade does not affect this.

Question #2: Yes, the 2 wire bypass will still work after the upgrade.

Question #3: PM Sent

Hey Garrett

Another satisfied customer here. I ordered mine over the Xmas break, and it was received very quickly with easy to follow instructions. The only issue I had was trying to get those darn hard drive screws out. Luckily I ordered those from Garrett as well.

I highly recommend buying a new hard drive from Garrett!!! And be sure to order the extra screws, because I guarantee that you will need them.

Your drive was shipped and I sent you an email.

Yes, it is much cheaper and easier to upgrade a drive that I originally sold. The drives are unlocked, so you can easily update it yourself with a windows pc and usb adapter. I have a FAQ posted on how to do the upgrade and save yoru music and address book. If you don't want to mess with it, you can always send the drive back to me for the upgrade. I will post to the classified section when an upgrade is available.

Garrett.

Just wanted to leave comment. I got 80Gb a few weeks back, installed it with provided tool (stripped only 1 screw), but hey I got a spare set from you:). Just got Bypass done yesterday! whoohoo I can't figure out why did pioneer disabled half of the NEEDED options when moving. I am not talking about DVD playback but rather connection with phone BT etc. Well it works GREAT. Easy mod with your assistance. Thanks AGAIN!!!

ilber

Just some more kudos for Garret! I PM'd him about a 60gb drive, and he responded within 15 minutes. I had a tracking number the next day. The drive arrived adequately packed, and in just two days. I had some problems removing the bracket screws (I can't stress enough how important it is to use the right screwdriver here!!!!) and Garret was quick to respond to my PM's for assistance. I ended up drilling one of the screws out. The rest of the upgrade went smooth, and I am now enjoying a Z3 for less than half the cost :)

Thanks Garret

got the drive today went in perfectly booted up and all is well.

You are fantastic on speed and service. I sent the payment Friday night and got the drive Tuesday afternoon!

A hint to folks fighting the four screws: dremel or file just a whisker off the tip of the #0 philips screw driver. The existing screws have a very shallow indentation and the point of the driver bottoms out before the blades can get a grip. I'd still replace them with the new screws anyway. The new ones were much better quality.

The updated maps and new functions are well worth the $ and much cheaper than Pioneer's map update only.