AVIC411.com

Garret 2mey's Z3 Drives...ARE AWESOME

I bought one of Garret's HDDs because my Z1 had frozen and the update disc from Pioneer didn't do squat. Garret's HDD was easy to install. The GPS still didn't work for me, but for a different reason. Still, Garret answered all my e-mails and gave me suggestions until I figured out the problem. I felt bad bugging him, but he gave me a great product and great service, above and beyond the call of duty.

P.S. My second problem was that, once I switched HDDs, I wasn't getting any Sirius/XM signal and my GPS was trapped in Los Angeles, like many people have experienced. Turns out the antenna was bad and had to be replaced. It had been on the top of my truck since I got it, but maybe the Philadelphia weather and the heavy mileage wore it down faster than in nicer climates. Anyway, the replacement is on my dash and works perfectly.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to thank Garret for the great job he did modifying my Z2 HDD. Not only did he remove the Pioneer Header and footer from my startup screen, but he also installed 20 custom backgrounds on it, updated my XM logos and had it back to me three days later!

Thanks for the great communication and quick service!

Paul

A new Z3 will not give you these benefits:

1. Faster drive for slightly fast boot times

2. Larger music partition for ripping cd's

3. Latest Gracenotes update (CDDB)

4. Unlocked drive for future updates, etc

5. XM channel logos that work (provided by member Vandal)

6. Clean splash screen without the Pioneer banner and teleatlas copyright stuff.

Other than these items, the updated drive and Z3 drive are the same.

6. Clean splash screen without the Pioneer banner and teleatlas copyright stuff.

I am a little confused only because I thought an "updated drive" from you would give these benefits PLUS give it all the goodies a Z3 would have.

From what you stated it seems as though it makes sense to get a Z2 and one of your drives.

I am a little confused only because I thought an "updated drive" from you would give these benefits PLUS give it all the goodies a Z3 would have.

From what you stated it seems as though it makes sense to get a Z2 and one of your drives.

Yes, my drives have everything listed above PLUS all the Z3 maps and firmware. I was just stating the items that you wound NOT get with a stock Z3.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone, I want to let every one to know and exellent experience I had with garret on my HD upgrade z2 to z3. garret always responded to my E-mails fast,and good comunication,I got the HD back super fast.it was a pleasure doing business with garret.I highly recommend him.

hey guyz...

I ordered a drive from Garret a few days ago and it was a very smooth transaction, very easy to deal with, and also extremely quick in responding to my emails... i am currently out of town but i plan on getting back Tuesday and installing the hard drive right when i get back, but there is not a doubt in my mind that its going to work perfectly... cant wait!!!

Thanks Garret

Moe