AVIC411.com

Garret 2mey's Z3 Drives...ARE AWESOME

Anyone ever do any serious off-roading with the new drives offered? I have been debating right now between getting a new drive or just having my existing drive updated for quite a few months. However, now that I have moved and settled down (note: retired:D ), I am ready to either purchase a new one or have my existing one updated.

The existing drive has not been a problem in some serious off roading areas, never skipped or even hesitated when receiving XM or when playing existing music stored on the drive. Hate to loose my music when in the middle of a desert.

Any experiences will be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to give praise to Garret. He replied to all my email/pms faster then any online orders I have ever made through anywhere. I sent paypal payment and received shipping notification within minutes and he replied with separate pm and email to let me know the drive was coming as well. I received drive the next morning to my door. I installed in the evening using the great tiny turner screwdriver/torque which he provided with no issues. Booted up Avic Z series on new Z3 60GB setup and everything worked flawlessly. Havent had any of the issues I had with Z2 ..of course its been one day but my Z2 drive was totally failing. Thanks for everything Garret. highly recommend this upgrade and highest recommendation in dealings with Garret. A++++++++ for internet experience...thanks again.

For those who are considering upgrading to a larger hard drive, or having their drive upgraded, Garret's service is outstanding and his response to emails is quick and thorough, excellent communication.

I received my new 40gb hard drive from Garret yesterday, and I installed the unit in 10 minutes.

Garret included the torx socket to remove the hard drive, and as others on the forums stated be sure to use the correct size phillip screwdriver when removing the old drive from the hard drive support bracket.

Plug and play and unit operated just like new.

Dkal2980

This message is directed to anyone who is considering upgrading / purchasing one of Garret's Drives, don't hesitate! I just purchased a 60gb upgrade drive from Garret and sent him my stock drive to copy over my music / personal information. I sent my drive out on MONDAY and got my stock drive along with the upgraded drive back on WEDNESDAY! Unbelievable cooperation throughout the process with Garret, flawless work, easy to contact for questions / information, not to mention incredibly fast turn around / shipping times!! Very pleased with my drive(s) and the whole purchase experience with Garret. I recommend to anyone considering purchasing one of these drives / upgrading their existing drives to do it, it is more then worth it!!! Garret was even nice enough to upgrade my stock drive prior to shipping it back as I explained to him that I would hang on to it as a backup. Thanks again for all of your help and hard work Garret, you're the man! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I Just want to add myself to the list of happy customers of Gattet’s Drives, I ordered mine on Tuesday night and by Thursday at 11:00 AM I had my HDD.

With the instructions I was able to take my lunch and install the Hard Drive to my AVIC Z1 (Now a Z3 thanks to Garret) in less than 20 minutes, the only problem were those damn screws to the HDD base.

Fortunately and thanks to the advice from Garret I got a kit with the tools needed and the replacement screws.

Just for the updated maps alone it is worth the price ($180.00 USD for Maps Disks at pioneer store)

Great Job Garret, if any other updates come up please be sure to let me know.

Alex

I had ordered the screws, but didn't need them. I read the "2 million posts" here and Garret's excellent instructions (is that a movie?) :mrgreen: on how tight the screws are and how to swap out. Can't beat Garret's honesty and integrity. I had pestered him for a month while my Z1 was at pioneer in for repair and then after that, had problem (thought I did) with Garret's boot screen. Nope...was under my nose. The grounding instructions worked like a charm! My F-150 s'crew never looked better!

Forget about buying that eBay crap. So you pay 10 bucks more or less here...try and get the support Garret offers! "Old school" customer service!

Thanks Garret!