AVIC411.com

Garret 2mey's Z3 Drives...ARE AWESOME

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my Hard Drive in today from Garret. The drive could not have been easier to install. Set up time took about a minute. The customer service was better than any I have dealt with!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent response to my many e-mails before and after the the order. Great to deal with!!!!!

I have to agree with all the other posts, I have just used Garrets services and he did an outstanding job with my drive, and the shipping back was so fast, he recieved it Friday and I had it back today (Monday)

Well done Garret for great service, would recommend to everyone!

Thank you.

Stu

Just installed Garret's Z3 drive and couldn't be happier. Installation went fairly smoothly other than the fact that I did manage to strip 2 of the 4 screws securring the old drive to the mounting bracket -- yes I was forewarned. Eventually did get the two stripped screws out. Knowing my propensity for error, I ordered 4 replacement screws along with the new drive so attaching the bracket to the replacement was simple.

The drive worked perfectly! I was unable to send Garret my old drive prior to receipt of the replacement because I am on the road and could not do without the GPS. However, now that the switch has been made, i will send him the old drive so it too can be updated, unlocked and the security disabled while preseving my music, address book, and personal settings.

I would encourange everyone who is considering upgrading their Z1 or Z2 to order a drive from Garret. You won't be disappointed.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, I just got My hard drive Installed it. This drive is Awsome. Service and Everything about Garret just right Out Professional. It was a Pleasure doing Business with Garret. If you have anything else Garret please let me know. I will Buy Again No questions Asked. :D

Where do I begin?

A year ago I PMed Garret about possible buying a replacement drive for my Z1. I ended up choosing to not make the commitment quite yet. A whole year later I again PMed Garret and told him I am interested and ready to upgrade to a Z3 harddrive. I choose to meet him at his residence to help me make the switch, and 'sold' him my old Z1 drive as well. The price for the replacement drive (especially with the discount for giving him my old drive) is remarkable considering he did all the firmware upgrades and what not. When I arrived we made the trade and he helped my take my drive out and put in the new one. It really was as easy as that. Garret offers such a great service for us!

The outstanding service did not stop there, however. Just days before I broke the front part of my LCD screen. I ordered the replacement part from Pioneer but did not really feel comfortable doing surgery on my unit to replace the screen myself. As it turns out Garret was nice enough to take a look at the situation. He worked on the unit for the good part of an hour, eventually making the successful replacement. On top of that, he helped me figure out why my screen was stuttering when opening and closing it. He found that a gear within the unit was faulty and helped me reposition it to eliminate the problem. He basically helped me (he actually did all the work) turn my busted up Z1 into an otherwise brand new shiny Z3. And the kicker... he did all this at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE! That's right, I even tried to pay him for the extra service, but he just wouldn't let me.

It is no secret that Garret is one of the nicest and most caring persons out there--taking extra time out of his day to help out a perfect stranger.. all for no additional cost out of my back pocket. Thank you so much Garret for your genuine care and helpfulness. There are only a handful of people in this world like that, and we are so blessed to have him in our avic411 community. A million thanks wouldn't be enough to show how appreciative I am. Thanks again Garret!! :D

Well, I have to certainly agree with all the comments here.

• [*:1va2q522] I found Garret's post on Monday, June 8th, sent a few emails, to which he quickly responded to.
    [*:1va2q522] Ordered my drive from him on the evening of the 9th, got email from him on the 10th, saying he dropped it off at post office, provided tracking number and links to more info, and it was here on the 12th.
    [*:1va2q522] Slapped it in using the Teeny Turner (cute lil tool) he sent. Followed his directions, which seeing that I work on million dollar corporate servers, was nothing really, but even the basic Joe could do this. Had to do a reset on 3D Calibration sensors to get it to track on maps correctly, which he suggested via email response within 10 minutes of asking.

I think this is a much better alternative to just doing a 2+ hour map update.

• [*:1va2q522] I mean you get to go from z1 to z3, updated to 2008 maps, echo fix and another patch.
    [*:1va2q522] Swapping the drives takes 10 minutes tops. Unless you have to drill on some screw heads, as the 2 at bottom, opposite the pull strap come out real easy, the 2 near strap are torqued in it seems and like he and others have said, easy to strip out.
    [*:1va2q522] Not to mention you pay $120 for just a map update from Pioneer :( , not sure about tax and shipping cost, if any.
    [*:1va2q522]Garret's drive solution is $130, double drive size as original, so you get 40GB space for music, comes preloaded with Z3 software, updates and patched and unlocked, no tax and the shipping is included, plus the Teeny Turner, which is yours to keep. :D

Garret's product value and service, to me and obviously others, is money well spent and invested.

Thanks so much Garret for a great experience, you are truly a diamond in the rough.

I thought I would let everbody know that I am 100% satisfied with my purchase from Garret - I emailed him at 10:30 one night and he had the drive shipped the next morning. It installed easily, spun up and loaded with the software exactly as he described and i am the proud owner of a Z3 now. Thanks a bunch Garret!!!