AVIC411.com

Garret 2mey's Z3 Drives...ARE AWESOME

...Unbelievable!! I sent payment Friday afternoon and it was SHIPPED WITHIN HOURS!! I got my HD on Wednesday, and I am in CANADA. Not issues whatsoever with international shipping and product was amazing.

GET the extra screws and tool!! It is a must, and yes you will strip screws!

Just a small observation to the standards Garret has; the scredriver had the correct head in place when it was shipped out, screws were neatly pack in a ziplock bag, and packaging was awesome (w/ peanuts and all)

VERY IMPRESSED WITH SERVICE. I have no hesitations about doing furture business with Garret and STRONGLY RECOMMEND HIM!!

Thank you sir!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've had Garret upgrade 2 drives for me....I liked the one I put in my wifes car, I decided to get another Z for myself and immediately sent the drive off to Garret....got it back today and again, perfection. And fast turn around too!! Until you get your drive upgraded by Garret, you just don't know what your missing. I'm hoping to pick up another Z unit in the next few days.....to put in a '47 Buick....and yeah, you guessed it, as soon as I bring the Z home, I will be sending the drive to Garret for an upgrade. On top of his excellent work, he's just a great guy too....lots of help with all the questions I had when I got my first Z.....Thanks Garret!

• 2 weeks later...

Another satisfied customer! :D

I have an 120gb iPod so I opted for the $50 upgrade service. Shipping to Cali was fast and it was well packaged. I was 10 minutes late for my dinner date because it got to my house as I was about to leave lol. It HAD to go in NOW ;) Plus I really hate listening to the radio... So, opened her up, slid it right in slowly, and screwed her down nice and tight. (Get your mind out of the gutter pervs lol) After the update, it was good to go!!!

Thank you Garret, a pleasure to do business with you.

• 2 weeks later...

I had Garret update my HDD that I purchased from him earlier this year. Sent it to him, and recieved it back in 4 days. Excellent Service and communication and great price. If you have not bought one of his replacement HDD for the Z series, you need to and save that OEM one for if you need to send in for service from pioneer. Garrets drives are much faster and you can load major amounts of music on the drive for hours of random music play.

Thanks Garret. 1st class!!!

I just got my 60gb z3 upgrade today for my z1.. holy cow got it in 2 days.. Absolute drop in hardrive, havent yet to play with the navi yet but everything looks good and working great.

But yeah just the 4 weak screws that were tightly fastened, i have a good philips screwdriver that is tight and snug and it still strips, only 2 stripped though, the other 2 wasnt that tight... I ended up drilling the 2 stripped screw and it came out fine without damaging the original HD threads.

I would highly recommend this one beyond anything else, but I would say the 4 extra screws are must and well worth it

UPDATE! from Sep 16.

So I get my Z3 drive back and all is good. Two weeks later I get an email from Garret saying that a new update has just come out. I'm thinking it's a mistake, because I just had mine updated. Well turns out in that 2 week span, an update really did come out! So we exchange a few emails and he tells me an offer I can't refuse :) So I send it back, and recently got it, installed it, and once more I am thankful for the service Garret provides. I now have the newest update for the Z3 maps and all, plus I just paired my new BB Curve 8900 to it, bluetooth no problem.

Once again thank you very much! :D

Eric

:mrgreen: Quick note to relate my positive experience. Previously I ordered a Z-3 updated drive from another vendor on eBay. I received the drive and all worked fine. Did not include the XM channel logos. I tried to install but was unable due to the drive being locked. I contacted Garret, sent my drive for the XM logo install. From the time I sent the drive to Garret, Virginia to Texas, I had it back in six days. With the announcement of the 2009 map updates, I decided to order one of Garret's 60gb drives with the new updates. I ordered on Wednesday and had it Friday afternoon. The 2009 map updates includes my home address for a two year old development and even listed my business which the 2008 maps didn't include. Money well spent. Thanks Garret.

I purchased a 60GB HD from Garret back in August 2008. At first, I was concerned with the fact that I wasn't getting an automotive-grade hard drive. I am pleased to say that the drive has worked flawlessly since day 1. Last week, I sent my drive back for the 2009 upgrades. Garret received the drive on Saturday morning, sends me an email letting me know it got there safely, and sends me another email less than an hour later letting me know that the drive is on its way back to me in CA. Later that night, I got the automatic confirmation number from USPS (which still doesn't work LOL).

Today, I walked by the kitchen widow and saw the package sitting there next to the front door (at this point, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning). I immediately grab the box, break out the multi-piece screwdriver that came with my first order in 2008, and a good phillips screwdriver. The Z3 drive goes in, and as promised, all of my personal info is still present. I haven't had much time to play around with the HU, but everything appears to be functioning properly. Hopefully I can test out the Nav function tomorrow.

My thanks and appreciation goes out to Garret once again for a great product and excellent customer service!

I purchased a Z3 update hard drive from Garret last year for my Z2. When I saw he could update the maps if I sent him the unlocked disk back to him for only $40, I jumped at the offer.

I shipped my drive off to Garret on Wednesday (UPS). Garret received it Friday evening. He updated my drive and put it in the mail (USPS priority) on Saturday and I received it on Tuesday. Great service. Nice to have updated maps. All my personal data (music, phone book, etc) was untouched, so unlike the first time I got the Z3 update from Garret (new drive) I didn't have to reload everything. [i installed my original hd while waiting for the update.]

Garret provides a fantastic service to the Z1/Z3 community. You can trust him to to a great job with the update. I paid him in cash. You can trust him to do what he says he'll do.

Jim Johnson - Roswell Georgia

All

I wanted to let all of you know what a great job Garret did updating my HD on my z unit.

I have a Z1 unit which he updated to a z3 for me last year and that experience was fabulous.

Now that the 09 maps are out - I sent him my drive last week, he received it on Friday, did the update and mailed it out the same day. Plus i bought new screws from him because the screws pioneer gives you to swap the drive sucks.

I will say that prior to doing all of this, I was a bit skeptical , however after reading what other people have said and the praises he has received, I took a chance myself. He is a great guy, very reliable, responds to emails very quickly and will always give you a straight answer.

For those that are in question or for those who own Z units who need to update their maps , I would highly recommend and suggest you sending your drive (or purchase a new one from him) to him and let him update it for you. The turn around time is amazing and everything will work flawlessly. It totally beats buying the DVD for $120 and letting your car or SUV run for 3 hours while the maps download.

If any of you are still in question or have any doubts, please feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Jamie

Great job Garret.