AVIC411.com

Garret 2mey's Z3 Drives...ARE AWESOME

I just want to echo what everyone else has said. Garret is a pleasure to deal with, has extremely fast service, and contacts you every step of the way. Getting a drive from him is a no-brainer.

I just want to add if you try and power-up the unit without replacing the black plastic drive cover it will not power-up. There must be a connection needed from the metal plate on the plastic cover.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is absolutely no reason not to get your updates from Garret. Great communication and great service (he obviously doesn't work for Pioneer), an excellent product, at a much lower price than updating with the Pioneer DVD.

This is the second year I have gone through Garret to do my update, so he has earned my repeat business. The cost to do a basic upgrade (since I got my 60g unlocked hard drive last year from him when I upgraded from Z1 maps and software to Z3) is way less than from Pioneer. That reduced cost makes it economically reasonable to update every year. And he will do the update and save all of your songs and personal information that you have loaded on the hard drive.

The turn around time is phenomenal. If you're like me, you don't like to be without a fully functioning unit for more than a few days. Garret got my hard drive on a Tuesday and, literally, within a couple of hours had it back in the mail. That meant from taking it out of the car on Monday to reinstalling it on Thursday took a total of four days (I, like Garret, live in Texas--your times may vary, but probably not by much depending on how you mail the hard drive to him).

If he's still providing this great service for the Z community next year I fully intend to update through him again.

I just got my new drive from Garret. The service was better than i have ever had over the internet. I paid around 2:00 and by 4:00 i had the tracking number. 2 days later i had the drive. Have not had a chance to put it in the Z1 yet but every thing looks good on the computer when i hooked it up to look at the files on the drive.

I just received my 60g hdd from Mr. Toomy and it took me all of about 5 minutes to install it without any problems. I have not used the GPS yet but from the looks of all the other applications of the program I do not forsee any problems as everything else is working perfectly. I ordered it Sat. AM and received it Tuesday afternoon. Great service. The entire transaction: ordering, shipping and installation was very smooth. Anyone that reads this may feel free to contact me for a recomendation regarding this transaction and the quality of the equipment.

Allen

I got an expanded drive a while back w/ a Z3 upgrade and just recently had my maps updated. Very quick turn time on Garret's part for both (same day in my case).

Just a little on my background; it's IT related and I've worked with a variety of file systems over the years (including TiVo and some other consumer units). I could do this myself, but Garret has done this many times before and it's always done right. That's just my take. Thanks Garret!

Frank

Thanks Garret. What a great buy. Just to download the new maps is $120.00 from Pioneer and you still have a Z2, not the Z3. Fast sservice and very trusworthy person to do business with. Had the drive in two days, changed it out in 20 min. a new Z3. Looking forward to doing it again next year. Thanks again

I too am a believer of the Z3 drive from Garret, was concerned that stripping the screws would be a issue for me. I took the advice from a few other posters and invested a few extra dollars and purchased a good screw driver. I had no issues removing the screws at all. The service provided by Garret is very dependable, this is rare in a world of today when so many don’t really care.

PS might have solved another problem in the mean time too. I went with the big drive.

Cheers :mrgreen: