AVIC411.com

x950bh AppRadio not working

Will do, and yes... the bypass procedure... I havent found one that works when the car is in motion.

I found one that works. It's the same one used for the X850BT. I can watch a movie orutilize the GPS while moving. I just get a notice every so often saying that the radio detected that parking brake wiring being incorrect.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36184-avic-x850bt-bypass/

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just finished my install of the x950bh.  I performed the bypass by moving the mute pin to the empty slot directly next to the mute wire.  I then grounded the mute and parking wires.  Seems to have worked for me.  I have full control of everything while moving at 40mph.

Also, I have a Galaxy S3 and can successfully stream via bluetooth.  However, I am not able to control Pandora or Aha through the nav unit - it just picks up the streaming signal from the phone.  I thought that via android you could have control of these apps directly from the nav unit???

I cant control Pandora or Aha via bluetooth to my iPhone either, I think it requires the cable... not sure though since NOTHING works on mine when it comes to apps. I get the notice saying that the radio detected the parking brake wiring being incorrect as well. I can access the navigation screen as well, and I can go and select "take me home" and "POI" but everything else is greyed out until I stop moving. I can set the EQ while driving (very eye intensive) but cant adjust volume levels - forward/backward/left/right... I am not sure Pioneer thought out what should be blocked and shouldnt while moving (though I dont want anything blocked...). A new APPRADIO update just came out to support iOS 6.1 (which I am running) so I am going to test it in a few minutes to see if MAYBE it works now.

I cant control Pandora or Aha via bluetooth to my iPhone either, I think it requires the cable... not sure though since NOTHING works on mine when it comes to apps. I get the notice saying that the radio detected the parking brake wiring being incorrect as well. I can access the navigation screen as well, and I can go and select "take me home" and "POI" but everything else is greyed out until I stop moving. I can set the EQ while driving (very eye intensive) but cant adjust volume levels - forward/backward/left/right... I am not sure Pioneer thought out what should be blocked and shouldnt while moving (though I dont want anything blocked...). A new APPRADIO update just came out to support iOS 6.1 (which I am running) so I am going to test it in a few minutes to see if MAYBE it works now.

Did you move the mute wire and ground it with the parking brake or did you add a second wire to the empty slot next to the mute wire and ground it with the parking brake (leaving the mute wire to go nowhere)?  Guess it shouldn't matter but curious why this works for some and not others unless it's loose in the molex connector by chance.

Also, is this update for iOS 6.1 the "Spring" update we've been waiting for so that the NAV units will work with the iPhone 5 or some other update for the AppRadio head units?

Thanks.

I just checked to see if the 2.1.0 AppRadio software fixed my AppRadio, it did not.

I did not use the mute wire cable, I added a new wire to the empty slot next to the mute wire and grounded it (along with the parking brake). The mute cable has tape around it, and is not connected to anything. If it is not inserted into the molex connector, I do not get the error saying "parking brake wire incorrect". I always have the parking brake wire grounded, without it nothing would work at speed. Do you have your VSS wire plugged in? I am wondering if that is throwing my results off since it can still detect vehicle speed.

I just checked to see if the 2.1.0 AppRadio software fixed my AppRadio, it did not.

I did not use the mute wire cable, I added a new wire to the empty slot next to the mute wire and grounded it (along with the parking brake). The mute cable has tape around it, and is not connected to anything. If it is not inserted into the molex connector, I do not get the error saying "parking brake wire incorrect". I always have the parking brake wire grounded, without it nothing would work at speed. Do you have your VSS wire plugged in? I am wondering if that is throwing my results off since it can still detect vehicle speed.

I thought we needed to wait for a head unit firmware update to address the Appradio issues with the iPhone 5 (not the Appradio software) but I'm not 100% sure.

I don't have the unit yet but I was wondering about the VSS connection myself (although you need that for tunnels, etc.).

I don't even have this unit yet and I'm frustrated as I'm not too eager to dive into these issues.  The Appradio 2.1.0 reviews on iTunes were all poor.  Everything's broken according to the reviewers.  Pioneer really has some work ahead of them it seams.

I have been on the phone with Pioneers tech support, and they dont seem to know anything about a firmware update though Pioneers site for the x950bh clearly states it has one coming in "Spring" (Spring officially starts TOMORROW). I have emailed Pioneer as well to see if I can contact someone with actual knowledge of the x950bh. (Someone who wont reference the manual would be awesome, I have now read it front to back.)

Buying this unit now is putting yourself in the 'early adopter' group. I understood that, and I am fine with it. It is actually a very nice unit, and everything else seems to work great. It boots FAST compared to my f700, the XM, FMHD, CD/DVD Bluetooth Audio quality is excellent. The built in Nav is up to date in a way that my iPhone map applications (Navigon, Google, and Apple Maps) are not (It actually had the new by-pass going to my parents!). Traffic works GREAT and has already helped me avoid jams several times. As soon as the AppRadio issue is fixed, and someone can get a successful "hex hack" (It may never happen with Pioneers newest secure OS) to rid us of the warning prompts, it will be exactly what I was hoping for.

I "hoped" the iOS app update of AppRadio to 2.1.0 would fix it, it did not. I am guessing that the "Spring" firmware update is the only way to go. The thing that gets me though, several menus seem to already address the iPhone 5. You can select iPhone mode and select whether you are using the "30 pin" dock connector, or if you are using the "AV connection kit" which on this unit, would be HDMI, which means... iPhone 5. If you select Android, it simply uses serial bluetooth and doesnt prompt you for an "AV connection kit" So it seems the 1.00000 version of the OS has part of iPhone 5 integration in place already, just not all of it?

I guess in time it will get released but what I want to know is how are we going to know this firmware update is available?  Did you register your unit with Pioneer to be alerted for such updates?  I couldn't find a support tab on the website that lists prior updates with release notes.  Definately another company that has a lack of communication between all of its employees.

I just check their site daily hoping it is there. I registered my unit with them in order to get tech support (though they have not responded in the last 24 hours). I believe that entitles me to automatic notification when new firmware arrives.

After searching around, I believe I have found where these firmware updates will be posted.  Obviously the firmware & software section for the product (doh!):

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/avicfirmware/?SelectURL=&x=132&y=17

or

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/ch.GPS-Navigation.Support

Don't know why I couldn't find this the first time around.  Anyway, none posted for the X950BH as of yet anyway.

Guys, as always if you are getting a message about the parking brake it always means one or both of the following issues:

You did it wrong or you have a loose connection. I don't care how careful you think you were when you added or relocated the wire if you are getting issue its not done correctly. Go back and check your connections until the issue goes away. That is, if the procedure you guys are following is even the correct one.

Also firmware updates will be posted to Pioneers site usually on the front page in a flash banner when you go to their site. the update files will be located under the section on the site for that unit.

Lastly, shitty product support from Pioneer is nothing new and you shouldn't expect much from them. Its been that way for years and probably will never change. You can learn much more from this site then you ever will from the staff at pioneer.

Epsilonkore - you mention you are running XM. I assume the 950 uses the SXV200V1 XM tuner - can you change XM presets from your steering wheel control or on the Unit? With the 940 running the GEX-P920XM Tuner, you can't skip from preset to preset station - you have to pick the preset you want from the screen otherwise it just skips from non-preset station to the next.

I do not have steering wheel controls on my FR-S so I couldnt tell you, but hitting the "next" button on the side goes to the next channel, not the next preset. I figure the steering wheel controls will be the same. I am running the SXV200V1 tuner, and loving it compared to my old one. Time shifting (being able to pause channels, rewind, fast forward etc) was an unexpected bonus and I wear it out. Plus it seems to be able to record the 5 channels on your currently selected favorites menu at the SAME TIME. Very impressive, once I move to another preset (as long as its not on the second or third screen of presets) it will have the same amount of time shift available as the last channel.

Guys, as always if you are getting a message about the parking brake it always means one or both of the following issues:

You did it wrong or you have a loose connection. I don't care how careful you think you were when you added or relocated the wire if you are getting issue its not done correctly. Go back and check your connections until the issue goes away. That is, if the procedure you guys are following is even the correct one.

Also firmware updates will be posted to Pioneers site usually on the front page in a flash banner when you go to their site. the update files will be located under the section on the site for that unit.

Lastly, shitty product support from Pioneer is nothing new and you shouldn't expect much from them. Its been that way for years and probably will never change. You can learn much more from this site then you ever will from the staff at pioneer.

Ironically, I knew more about the upcoming products then the folks at the Pioneer booth knew at CES.  Apparently they are trained quickly and hired just to do the trade shows.  They didn't even work for Pioneer.  If I nailed them with a hard tech question, they always had to get the one or two techs over from Pioneer to answer it.  Anyway, you're right.  There's more info here than from Pioneer.