AVIC411.com

x950bh AppRadio not working

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just checked to see if the 2.1.0 AppRadio software fixed my AppRadio, it did not.

I did not use the mute wire cable, I added a new wire to the empty slot next to the mute wire and grounded it (along with the parking brake). The mute cable has tape around it, and is not connected to anything. If it is not inserted into the molex connector, I do not get the error saying "parking brake wire incorrect". I always have the parking brake wire grounded, without it nothing would work at speed. Do you have your VSS wire plugged in? I am wondering if that is throwing my results off since it can still detect vehicle speed.

I have my VSS wire connected (for tunnels and poor reception areas) and my bypass still works. Head unit sees the VSS pulse as well so I know it's connected properly. Hope that answers your question

Actually let me elaborate a bit. If you have the PAC interface you can program the controls for preset skip for radio stations but you will loose track skip for all CD/DVD, USB, and any iDevices. So it's either track skip for iDevice and other media forms or preset skip for radio presets, either or.

I thought we needed to wait for a head unit firmware update to address the Appradio issues with the iPhone 5 (not the Appradio software) but I'm not 100% sure.

I don't have the unit yet but I was wondering about the VSS connection myself (although you need that for tunnels, etc.).

I don't even have this unit yet and I'm frustrated as I'm not too eager to dive into these issues.  The Appradio 2.1.0 reviews on iTunes were all poor.  Everything's broken according to the reviewers.  Pioneer really has some work ahead of them it seams.

I have my VSS wire connected (for tunnels and poor reception areas) and my bypass still works. Head unit sees the VSS pulse as well so I know it's connected properly. Hope that answers your question

I also contacted Pioneer Tech Support last night about the firmware update. They might be blowing smoke up my ass but the guy said they expect it to roll out next month.

Actually let me elaborate a bit. If you have the PAC interface you can program the controls for preset skip for radio stations but you will loose track skip for all CD/DVD, USB, and any iDevices. So it's either track skip for iDevice and other media forms or preset skip for radio presets, either or.

I can control track/preset changes (including via Bluetooth) for all sources via steering wheel control and on the 940 except for XM. But for some reason Pioneer can't figure out now to do it with the older GEX or the newer SXV XM unit - but my other OEM units could do so - I wonder if other brands can control Sirius / XM preset changes on their head units and/or via steering wheel controls...

Ok let me elaborate once more. You cant do preset scan and track skip with the same two buttons. If you have more then two buttons that you can program for tack skip/station scan and preset scan then you can do it. However if you only have the standard up/down and volume up/down buttons its not possible to do both. With only one set of buttons, track skip will always correspond to station scan only and there is no way to have it do preset scan. This is a limitation with the unit and it has been that way for years and has been complained about many times to Pioneer support.

This is now bothering me as well.  I installed my X950Bh tonight and was hoping I may have better luck than some of you.  No Dice.  Bypass works well, but no app mode or ipod control at all.  I went through all the settings and changed ipod from 30 pin to digital av and still nothing.  I was hoping the firmware was already on the unit, since the ones they had on demo for CES were connected to the iphone 5 and working.  Must have been a beta though.  Hopefully soon, as Iphone 5 support was the main reason I bought this thing.

I also contacted Pioneer Tech Support last night about the firmware update. They might be blowing smoke up my ass but the guy said they expect it to roll out next month.

Thanks for the info.

Next month for the firmware update?  OMG... These units are rolling out now and they still haven't released the correct firmware to complement what's being advertised?  As for now, I guess just the wired iPod functions and some non-video functions work on the iPhone 5?  I would almost just use my iPod Touch in the meantime but it's the older 30-pin 4th Generation device so I don't want to keep paying for adapters.

Ok, thanks.

I'm not sure about next month on that firmware update. They have now removed Spring from their description on iPhone 5 compatibility. They actually could get in trouble for false advertising at this point. That description would make you believe that the firmware is available, thus motivating you to purchase it. The iPhone 5 compatibility description should be worded as "with an upcoming firmware release".

• 2 weeks later...

No.

Thanks.  I wasn't sure.  My last unit was an N3 so it's been awhile since I changed HU's.

BTW...how's the iPad setup going for you now?  I remember you posting some vids a while back on it.  I almost went that way myself but decided to try the Pioneer HU route one more time.  I really wanted to interface the X950BH with an ipad Mini but wasn't in the mood to jailbreak it to adjust screen size issues so I picked up the iPhone 5 to work with the unit (ah...hopfully after April 18th that is). Are you still using the full size iPad as your main HU?  I do think in time that's going to do away with these traditional setups.  I think if there is less customization needed in the dash it will pick up faster for sure!

Thanks again.  I guess I'll just look for the firmware download on Pioneer's site afer the 18th.