X930BT runs alternative navigation

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry sanik,

you know you just became my new hack target

watch out! :)

RonS, Pioneerus have only one button with russian text at this time. And full English manual.

License is a file pioneerus.lic, generated for one device by internal serial number.

I'm not forcing anyone to buy my program. I developed it for six months. And I think that price is absolutely normal.I do not sell Igo or other navigation software. I sell only their program, which allows you to use other navigation software on the Pioneer AVIC 920-930-940.

"I don't think you'll get many paying customers once they realize there's a self-destruct switch that might go off if there ever is a glitch. "

There isn't enough demand for $50

Yeah, probably would make more money by going open-source and asking for contributions.  I really don't think this is worth $50, since you still need Igo and maps (which you'll have to buy or steal).  All it really does is add the capability to launch another app and fixes the GPS port sharing. I'd bet it took more programming effort to add the "protection" logic. 

The real market for this is in parts of the world not supported by Pioneer. And it gives another way to use HU's from US/Can in ROW. Not sure if that market is big enough to make much money. Whereas, at $5, many others might give it a try, just to play with. 

Yeah, probably would make more money by going open-source and asking for contributions.  I really don't think this is worth $50, since you still need Igo and maps (which you'll have to buy or steal).  All it really does is add the capability to launch another app and fixes the GPS port sharing. I'd bet it took more programming effort to add the "protection" logic. 

The real market for this is in parts of the world not supported by Pioneer. And makes it gives another way to use HU's from US/Can in ROW. Not sure if that market is big enough to make much money. Whereas, at $5, many others might give it a try, just to play with. 

If we go OpenSource we would loose all the money coming from the regions not supported by Pioneer, as donations are not common there. So we don't believe it would raise the income, sorry. Instead it would make people who can google earn money on those who can't.

The capability to launch another app is not as easy to implement as you may probably think. You have to not only launch the app but also help it draw itself (while avoiding interfering with the native app) and help it produce some sound, also organize the switching between the native app and the new app. The first task was really tough. It's tough even if you know exactly how the native app draws itself, not to say when you don't know anything about it.

GPS port sharing is quite complicated also.

I have recently bought and implemented the Pioneerus solution. It's not perfect yet but I find the inbuilt Pioneer navigation software very poor compared to those of IGO and Tomtom and I wanted to support these enterprising individuals to continue developing options for us. There are far too many who want something for nothing and without support (morally and financially) progress will always be slow.

So to those developing this software, well done and please continue.

you have really Nice looking shell Condi,

Did you make this shell? can you share it?

also I've spotted Navigon logo, did you manage to have Navigon working?

yeah, thats my modded menu ;) for now i've managed to get working:

• iGO8
  • AutoMapa EU
  • TomTom Navigator
  • Garmin (out of memory error after some clicks).

Got some Navigon versions for wince, need to test it /modify scripts,

and maybe we will get it working. The same thing with Garmin.

I have to get my avic out of car and get it on power adapter in home,

then I will have some time to figure it out.

I have to check if script for going back to currently started/chosen navi 

is working ok, no problem with share - I think tomorrow I will upload it.