AVIC411.com

Question about dimming/illumination

I've got an x930BT installed into my 2008 Subaru Forester.

I'm trying to work out the illumination hookups.

Right now, I've got it so that when I turn on my lights the screen dims.  My question is, are the button lights supposed to change with the dimmer as well?

Subaru does their dimmer circuit funky and I've got 2 illumination wires in the OEM radio harness (there is only one input on the AVIC though) and neither one will dim the buttons.

I've got an idea of how to do the dimming if this is a function that the x930BT even performs, I'm just not sure if it does.

So, can somebody go turn on their lights, adjust their dimmer switch and let me know if the buttons/dial dim with the rest of your gauges?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have a Subaru but the button lights on my 940BT do not dim -which I find a little odd but apparently that's the way it rolls...

Thanks S.A.M.

That was my suspicion.  I'll probably still try out my circuit to see if it does anything, but I highly doubt it will.  It sems as though only the screens dim and not the buttons on these units.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

Really, nobody can help me out by walking out to their car and seeing if the buttons dim with the dimmer switch?

Illumination wire as logical ON/OFF thing. So no ajustable dimming possible. My advice- put switch on illumination wire and control it manually.