AVIC411.com

Hey everyone,

Seeing all the great work being put into AppRadio Extensions gave me an idea, which may be relatively easy to implement/port.

I just hooked an AppleTV to my AppRadio 2 via the HDMI port and it thinks it's an Android device.  Realizing that the head unit sends/receives touch screen input via Bluetooth on Android devices, wouldn't it be possible to write a driver/background process to allow a jailbroken AppleTV to be controlled via it's built-in Bluetooth?

What do you guys think?

Hey everyone,

Seeing all the great work being put into AppRadio Extensions gave me an idea, which may be relatively easy to implement/port.

I just hooked an AppleTV to my AppRadio 2 via the HDMI port and it thinks it's an Android device.  Realizing that the head unit sends/receives touch screen input via Bluetooth on Android devices, wouldn't it be possible to write a driver/background process to allow a jailbroken AppleTV to be controlled via it's built-in Bluetooth?

What do you guys think?

Who told you the Apple TV has bluetooth?

Sounds possible, though it would be completely different from the iPhone version of AppEx.

Do you know what Bluetooth profile is used for communication?

You're right--it probably wouldn't even need that complex of a solution.  Since the AppleTV is able to receive input via a Bluetooth keyboard, it seems a driver would just need to be written so that the AppleTV could spoof itself as an Android device to the head unit and map touch input from the head unit to the various hot spots on the interface.  It's even possible that since the AppleTV uses a fork of iOS, some touch drivers are still baked into the OS.

I would assume that since the latest update supports keyboards for input, it would be the Human Interface Device Profile.