AVIC411.com

Looing for a little help, hoping it isn't off topic, but deals with this issue.  Upgraded my f90bt to the z150bh, I was trying to pull the mute pin and pulled the wire without the pin.  Anyone know where I can get a pin to reconnect this?  I cannot get the pin out no matter how hard I try. Would a stereo shop carry one. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same problem. I stuck a striped wire into the slot, far enough to contact the pin of the radio and then crazy glued it in place. I haven't had a problem in the two months since I installed it.

Thanks, I tried just sticking it in there last night and got the improper wiring screen so I just pulled it and will attempt some other day.  I only have the parking brake grounded right now and got the parking brake wiring warning once so far.  Wish this was as easy as the f90 was. 

Edit:  So I "jammed" a wire in there, didn't glue it, but brought it out the small opening as I saw in a picture somewhere in this thread.  Seems to have worked as I didn't get the lock out warning screen.  Also, for anyone, make sure you ground directly to the chassis as grounding to the harness ground doesn't seem to work as well. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Z150 on the way so I read this whole thread and I'm still not totally sure I know what is going on. Is it move the mute wire and ground the parking brake? Which is the same as it is with my Z2? The best would be if I could just leave my harness and everything else from the Z2 in the car and just plug the 150 in, wishful thinking I guess but It'd be nice.

Hi guys.....

Brand new to this forum, just signed up. I have the z150 and am having problems with this bypass technique. I have the parking brake wire grounded (unit says it is "on" in the connection status screen), have moved the mute wire over 1 slot and have it grounded at the same place as the parking brake wire. I also have my VSS wire hooked up correctly as stated by the "connection status" screen. The unit will not bypass and can not access functions as vehicle is moving.

I have also tried just a peice of wire stuck in the slot coming all the way through the molex connector and I get the same result - unit will not bypass.

Seems  like this is a "hit" or "miss" depending how lucky you are.....

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Toys

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys.....

Brand new to this forum, just signed up. I have the z150 and am having problems with this bypass technique. I have the parking brake wire grounded (unit says it is "on" in the connection status screen), have moved the mute wire over 1 slot and have it grounded at the same place as the parking brake wire. I also have my VSS wire hooked up correctly as stated by the "connection status" screen. The unit will not bypass and can not access functions as vehicle is moving.

I have also tried just a peice of wire stuck in the slot coming all the way through the molex connector and I get the same result - unit will not bypass.

Seems  like this is a "hit" or "miss" depending how lucky you are.....

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Toys

Everyone I know who has followed the instructions correctly has run into no problems.

As it's been stated numerous times throughout this entire thread- grounding the parking brake is completely unnecessary. I'd say triple check all your wiring. 

whats up guys? I just got the Z150bh in and I've read this thread, watched the videos, and I've decided to just spend the $10 on the ridiculously overpriced wire on amazon... lol, but at least this way I don't have to worry about breaking the mute wire or super gluing anything or ghetto rigging it so it doesn't fall out or anything like that. I know where to shove this new wire in my question is, since there was never a REAL way to do this and this mod came off of a different unit originally...

How's it holding up for you guys? any problems for anyone that did it right after all these months?

I know I'm going to run a seperate ground to the chassis for the E-brake, that seemed to have a better response from what I read.

I am curious as to the manual saying to hook it up to the "power" side of the e-brake... kinda wanna shove a multimeter in there and see if theres some kind of active signal or if it's just a dead ground. just an idea I don;t know if i'll persue it or not.

EDIT: the tool was a pos, lol, I used a jewelry flathead screwdriver to pop the harness open, but the wire is in there now secure as fawk. Still worth the $10 (to me) lol.

Installed, got the warning screen 2x so far. Lol the warning screen is more hazardous than having video availability while driving! It popped up when I was looking at the GPS for my next turn and I almost missed the turn... Thanks pioneer... Lol wtf. So did anyone get locked out bc of this or no? If not I'm not really gonna care much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just to follow up, I've had both the parking brake wire and the bypass pin grounded since April. I had a few "parking brake wire is incorrectly installed" errors during the first couple weeks but it still let me change nav settings on the go, view video, etc. For months since, it's been perfect, no errors.

…until last week. I got the error message again. It happened when I loaded up a DVD disc. I hadn't used the DVD slot since June or so. I had only been using SD cards with videos on them. Just weird that using the DVD slot after many months awoke the error message again.

During all of this time, the bypass always worked. I never wasn't able to view video, change nav settings, etc. Just thought I would share. I have used the DVD slot again since that happened with no errors.