AVIC411.com

In the past when the bypass was done incorrectly the unit eventually locked you out. This may be the beginning stages of what you are seeing.

Locked out permanently? I grounded the parking brake lead as well as the newly moved mute wire.

Would the bypass work for several days if it was done incorrectly? I certainly don't want my unit locking me out :(

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine seems to be all over. Maybe I have a loose connection??

Just today out of the blue it did NOT lock me out. My kids were watching a video in the back, I decided to see what happens when I turned on the input and video played no prob.

So for now it seems to be working for me just fine.

Bypass Worked using the same Mod as X850BT. Everything works fine but I have two issues. 1st issue is the warning for the parking brake came on about 3 miles after my install....I pressed "OK" and it was still fine to watch movies while driving. This all was installed on a "Saturday". This Morning "Monday" on my way to work The warning Info popped on the screen again...Hit "OK" and everything was still ok.

2nd issue I have is: while watching any movies from my ipod touch I get feedback noise through speakers & can't understand why? Radio is fine, XM is Fine but only when watching a movie from Ipod??? It's like a static noise. I checked all my connections and everything is fine. If I stop the movie completely you still hear it. Less noticable when playing music from the ipod but still present. Movies are right from itunes. I originally had the same ipod connected to my avic z120BT with the bypass and no issues. So it's not the ipod.

I'm getting the "parking brake incorrectly installed" warning message once every three trips or so in the vehicle.  Just hitting "ok" and it continues to work just fine, bypass still works.  It's just been an annoying little nag screen.

Do you have the speed sensor hooked up? I don't have mine hooked up and I've only seen the warning twice so far. I couldn't find the speed sensor in my truck during install, but I know where it is now so i will be hooking it up this weekend & I will let you know if it becomes an issue. I'm wondering if the speed sensor has anything to do with it.

Do you have the speed sensor hooked up? I don't have mine hooked up and I've only seen the warning twice so far. I couldn't find the speed sensor in my truck during install, but I know where it is now so i will be hooking it up this weekend & I will let you know if it becomes an issue. I'm wondering if the speed sensor has anything to do with it.

I do. I installed a Metra interface that supplied a speed sensor lead for aftermarket radios. I've seen a couple other people have the same problem, with it showing up every couple of days. I don't think it's a huge deal, the bypass still works just fine. It's no more of a problem to me than the navigation "caution" nag screen.

I have not had this problem at all. I do not have the VSS hooked up. Did you move the mute wire or just jammed a wire into the slot? I have seen them come out if the pin was broken or if the wire is not glued in. Double check your connections

I have not had this problem at all. I do not have the VSS hooked up. Did you move the mute wire or just jammed a wire into the slot? I have seen them come out if the pin was broken or if the wire is not glued in. Double check your connections

I moved mute wire over very easy. I made sure it's connected properly and I have it grounded with green bypass wire to a good ground. I Have Pin Connected. I do not have a wire Jammed in.

I moved mute wire over very easy. I made sure it's connected properly and I have it grounded with green bypass wire to a good ground. I Have Pin Connected. I do not have a wire Jammed in.

Same here.

Also, when the pin I moved over is not connected to ground, the bypass doesn't work at all for me. I haven't had any problem with the bypass working, it's just the nag screen that pops up every few days.