AVIC411.com

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone tried not grounding the AVIC's parking brake wire (only ground the bypass wire)?

That wont work.

How do you know that? Have you tried?

It definitely works on some of the previous models...

See this post.

Also this post and the one after it. Those two guys have Canadian Subaru STIs. Subaru Canada installed the AVIC-X9310BT as the "OEM" HU. The X9310 is functionally the same as the X930, except it does not include the RCA harness (where the bypass wire needs to go). Subaru's installers do connect the AVIC's parking brake lead to the car's parking brake signal. But these two owners did not modify that part (so things work even when they're moving with the parking brake off).

I've heard from other people who installed aftermarket AVICs, and who simply added the bypass wire and grounded that -- they did not connect the AVIC's brake wire to anything.

So just looking to see if that still works on the new Z150, X950. and X850 models.

Could someone post exact directions on how to bypass the 150?  I read the whole topic and I am still confused.  I had a 140 and bypassed it with no problem.

I read through the installation maunal for z150, it is very similiar to z140 except has HDMI connector on the back. The bypass for z140 should work. You can wait a little bit if you feel uncomfortable to do this now since it just came out. Not many people have this unit yet. I am curious: Do you upgrade your HU every year since you already have z140?

How do you know that? Have you tried?It definitely works on some of the previous models...See this post.Also this post and the one after it. Those two guys have Canadian Subaru STIs. Subaru Canada installed the AVIC-X9310BT as the "OEM" HU. The X9310 is functionally the same as the X930, except it does not include the RCA harness (where the bypass wire needs to go). Subaru's installers do connect the AVIC's parking brake lead to the car's parking brake signal. But these two owners did not modify that part (so things work even when they're moving with the parking brake off).I've heard from other people who installed aftermarket AVICs, and who simply added the bypass wire and grounded that -- they did not connect the AVIC's brake wire to anything.So just looking to see if that still works on the new Z150, X950. and X850 models.

There has never been a bypass on any Pioneer unit that didn't envolve grounding the P brake wire in some fasion. And I know because I have more than 9 post on this forum.

There has never been a bypass on any Pioneer unit that didn't envolve grounding the P brake wire in some fasion. And I know because I have more than 9 post on this forum.

From my experience in forums, post count does not equal knowledge.  A better argument would be that you have been a member for over 6 years and are highly experienced in Pioneer units.

With that said, I'll certainly take your word for it.  If you say it won't work, you are probably right.  So what does moving the mute wire over actually do to the head unit?  Do you know, technically, what happens?  Is it literally a bypass pin made specifically to bypass the parking brake or is the HU put into some type of "retail mode"?  I'm just curious.

I installed my Z150 this past Tuesday. For the bypass, I did the following:

- Grounded the parking brake wire

- Added a wire to the empty slot next to the mute wire and grounded it

Thus far, I have received the "improperly wired parking brake" warning once. I have not attempted to play video while in motion, but I have input addresses into the nav system while driving and I have also mirrored the screen from my Android phone onto the Z150 while driving.

Just as an added FYI, for anyone wishing to use the ARLiberator app with their Z150, it is not currently compatible - but the developer is supposedly working on an update.

So what does moving the mute wire over actually do to the head unit?  Do you know, technically, what happens?  Is it literally a bypass pin made specifically to bypass the parking brake or is the HU put into some type of "retail mode"?  I'm just curious.

Grounding the Parking brake wire is what unlocks all the features. Grounding the additional wire (mute wire) is what fools the unit into thinking the unit is not in motion. For demo purposes in a shop, grounding the P brake wire is all that is required sense the unit is not moving. Also, for EU units, grounding the P brake wire is all that is required to achieve the bypass.

I read through the installation maunal for z150, it is very similiar to z140 except has HDMI connector on the back. The bypass for z140 should work. You can wait a little bit if you feel uncomfortable to do this now since it just came out. Not many people have this unit yet. I am curious: Do you upgrade your HU every year since you already have z140?

Yes.  This is my 3rd unit.  I had the 130, 140, and now 150.  I just got the 140 a couple months ago.  Then I got the Iphone 5 and wanted to use the video out function to watch tv and movies.  With the 140 i had the dv adapter to a composite to hdmi adapter to my 140.  I recently sold the 140 to get the 150.  

Yes.  This is my 3rd unit.  I had the 130, 140, and now 150.  I just got the 140 a couple months ago.  Then I got the Iphone 5 and wanted to use the video out function to watch tv and movies.  With the 140 i had the dv adapter to a composite to hdmi adapter to my 140.  I recently sold the 140 to get the 150.  

Thank you let me know. It would be great if you can update the main difference between the z150 and z140 according to your personal experience. I have iphone 5 also. I am thinking about to upgrade now.

The things I don't like about the z140 (brake bypass):

1. less map detail

2. The vechicle icon can not position correct (not on the route) once in a while.

3. You can not find the address in your saved POI except the name.

4. Does not work with iphone 5 for the internet app.

Thank you let me know. It would be great if you can update the main difference between the z150 and z140 according to your personal experience. I have iphone 5 also. I am thinking about to upgrade now.

The things I don't like about the z140 (brake bypass):

1. less map detail

2. The vechicle icon can not position correct (not on the route) once in a while.

3. You can not find the address in your saved POI except the name.

4. Does not work with iphone 5 for the internet app.

Ummm It does not work with my Iphone 5 at all...just bluetooth streaming.  Got the CD-IH202i kit and the dv adapter too.  When I play the music it only comes out of the iphone.  Video doesnt work.  But I think we are waiting on a firmware update.

Dont wanna get off topic.  But the unit is GREAT!!!!  Boot time is sick!  But when changing volume it lags.  Totally new interface!!!  I like it.  Also got the SiriusXM tunner with the 60 minute memory.  I didnt drive around with it yet.  Just finished installing it.  They changed the harnesses.  I was hoping to just use the ones that were connected but no good.  Sub out is now on the harness.

Grounding the Parking brake wire is what unlocks all the features. Grounding the additional wire (mute wire) is what fools the unit into thinking the unit is not in motion. For demo purposes in a shop, grounding the P brake wire is all that is required sense the unit is not moving. Also, for EU units, grounding the P brake wire is all that is required to achieve the bypass.

I see, thanks for the explanation!

Not sure if people has more issues with the nagging screen showing up (emergency brake wired incorrectly) mine showed 1 time only. While I was adding a relay/capacitor to my HU to avoid restarting my HU when I start my car, I took a picture what i did with the wire, I grounded this wire and the parking brake together, make sure you ground it on a bare metal of the car... Hope this help...

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l612/ntm1028/7_zps5463807a.jpg

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l612/ntm1028/4-1_zps608904b9.jpg

relay/cap switch

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l612/ntm1028/6-1_zps9b9ba0af.jpg

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l612/ntm1028/5_zpsacef2840.jpg

Not sure if people has more issues with the nagging screen showing up (emergency brake wired incorrectly) mine showed 1 time only. While I was adding a relay/capacitor to my HU to avoid restarting my HU when I start my car, I took a picture what i did with the wire, I grounded this wire and the parking brake together, make sure you ground it on a bare metal of the car... Hope this help...

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l612/ntm1028/7_zps5463807a.jpg

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l612/ntm1028/4-1_zps608904b9.jpg

relay/cap switch

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l612/ntm1028/6-1_zps9b9ba0af.jpg

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l612/ntm1028/5_zpsacef2840.jpg

Nice. I actually haven't seen the p brake nag screen in over a week, driving every day. Hopefully it's gone.