AVIC411.com

My installer tried the mod described above on my z150bh and no work.

It works for a very short time (maybe a mile) and then back to blocked. It's almost like the unit is using the GPS to track speed.

If he did it correctly, that would suck. Did he also ground the p.brake lead or not?

Recent Subaru OEM nav HUs (made by Fujitsu Ten) do that -- they use parking brake, vehicle speed signal (VSS), and GPS to detect motion. People tried bypassing by grounding the HU's brake input and adding a switch to interrupt the VSS wire. For some people, that worked. But for others, the HU still locked out features once moving more than a certain speed, obviously using GPS. We think a recent firmware update added the misfeature of using GPS for the lockout.

It pissed off one guy who wanted to use the HU while parked on a moving ferryboat. Half-jokingly, I suggested placing a "tin foil hat" on top of the dash, above the GPS antenna (located just below the thin plastic dash).

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then either he didn't do it right or this is not the proper bypass [procedure].

I agree, it's worth checking whether the installer did it correctly.

Note that the procedure said to work for the X850 (which we think is the same for the Z150 and X950) is like the hack for the older 110, 120, and 920 models -- where the secret bypass pin is on the same row as the mute pin.

In the hack for the 130, 930, 140, and 940 models, the bypass pin is on the row above the mute pin. If your installer did your Z150 this way (out of recent habit), it would be wrong.

Hey Guys,

It worked on my z150bh  just like my previous z110! I grounded the green park wire. worked while I was in park. Didn't feel like driving right away or trouble shooting it so I went ahead and attached a new wire in the position next the mute wire (on the left) and grounded that anyway{attached to the chassis of the unit}. was able to watch dvd movie off my dvd deck and movie off sd card while car was in motion.  I did not try iphone 5 capabilities yet (waiting for the usb cable in the mail) I did buy the HDMI adapter however I cannot test the video function until I have the other cable comes in. one thing is for sure you cannot buy the cheap adapters from ebay you have to buy the " REAL" Adapter from Apple or an apple authorized store " bestbuy".   I recommend just sticking a new wire in the hole next to the mute (yellow/black) tie it down or tape it up securely so when you push ur units into place the wire wont pop out on you. My connections are with the GMOS-04 .  Some cars you don't have to use the mute but my truck needs it for the onstar so I don't have the choice of pulling an empty wire out the harness and placing it next to the mute.

My only problem now is that there no video when I put my car in reverse. I hope my back up camera didn't die this winter due to the cold. I do notice once I start the truck there is a high frequency noise at start "sounds like engine whine but its not" Ill troubleshoot that on a warmer day.

Besides that I am Very impressed by the z150bh  new interface more features and the HD RADIO IS AMAZING! it even shows you cover album of songs playing on the radio. Never knew it was capable of doing that.

I can also confirm the bypass works perfectly.  I grounded both the parking brake lead and the newly moved mute wire.  When I first moved the vehicle and tried to access certain settings that are normally locked out, I was greeted with a message indicating that the parking brake lead was incorrectly installed.  After I hit "ok", I have never seen the message again.  Have been in the vehicle several times since.

Now I have to figure out the video format of files on the SD card.  According to the manual, the max resolution any video file can be on the SD card is 400x240...which is terrible.  The video quality is horrible on a screen with double that resolution.  However, it's the only way I can get any videos on the SD card to play, by putting them into 400x240. Oh well, I will post this question in the general area.

Bypass is great!

Bypass worked for me.but I also hear high pitch noise on boot up and switching between sources. Is this because of bypass?

I had the same high pitch noise as you on start up before I did the bypass.  I don't think they are related at all.  I sent you a pm about how I fixed the noise.

Glad to hear the bypass works I was getting nervous! I also experience a high pitch noise on boot up let me know if you hear anything. Also to my knowledge you can't use a iPhone 5 yet there is a firmware update that hasn't been released yet.

I had the same high pitch noise as you on start up before I did the bypass. I don't think they are related at all. I sent you a pm about how I fixed the noise.

Could you let me know what you did also? I have a few customers with the same issue

Anyone needing help with the high pitched noise, please see http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36363-z150bh-high-pitched-noise-fix/

Now, back to the bypass. Has anyone else seen the "parking brake wire is incorrectly installed" message more than once since bypassing? I had not seen it for several trips...until this afternoon. It came up again. I wonder if that was just a one-time glitch or if it will show up sporadically.