AVIC411.com

Sorry for the new topic post by a newb but I have been searching and I cannot find how to downgrade back to 8.17 or 8.15.

I upgraded the system to work with iPhone 5 but I did not like how it ended up cutting some things so I'd rather just use an old iPhone to keep in the car all the time.

In searching how to downgrade, or if it was possible, I have seen a few people that mentioned that they did downgrade but I cannot find anyone detailing how it is done.

I am assuming that the .yuk file will need to be modified or perhaps taken from some previous version but as far as I can tell neither the 8.15 or 8.17 contained .yuk files, just the .hat.

Can anybody help give instructions on how to functionally downgrade?

(on a side note, I stumbled on this site when I was looking in to whether to get Appradio 2 or not and it was super helpful so thank you for all of your efforts!)

Mostly that rdio does not display full screen yet the touch input maps at full screen so it is unusable.

Admittedly, I have not tried it with an iPhone 4 but based on the comments here, the interface is a snappier since it is not using bluetooth for touch input.

It would also be nice to have fully functioning Appradio Extensions, even though mikedecaro seems like he has been working tirelessly on updating it, it still doesn't fully work.

YESSS! I NEED THIS TOOOOO!!!!!!!

i did the latest firmware upgrade without reading the fine print (stupid me). now my appradio doesnt play my old ipods and im assuming my android phone when i try to hook it up. when i went on their website for an older update it only had the '.hat' file update and not one for the '.yuk' extension. now i own a really expensive POS that does nothing more than play radio, considering they already dont let you use bluetooth audio for music or have an aux outlet like much cheaper 'caveman' technology decks have. F#$% YOU PIONEER! Make a sensible product if youre gonna price it that high.

A few people in the forum mentioned that in order to use the older version of iPhone/iPod (4/4s) on the new firmware 8.30 you need to first disconnect your phone and turn the bluetooth off (you need to turn the appradio OFF and turn it back on by the OFF option in the second page), then go to the setting and in the connection menu change the Digital AV (set by default after update) to Other.

Here is the forum link (#28)

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36081-appradio2-sph-da100-update-v830/?p=262798

Hope that works for you...

just tried it . i cant get it to bring my older gen ipod back, its pretty old, but still i dont want to find out that i have to go invest in a new ipod, or that ipod connectivity is disabled entirely, i dont know why someone would create an update that would eliminate the ability to do one of the few things it can do without ARLiberator and a phone hooked up (other than that, the ipod connectivity is the only other thing i looked forward to and now its gone)

• 5 months later...