AVIC411.com

x710bt - Possible to add A2DP with Miccus Mini-jack RX?

I installed an x710bt in my car last year and it worked great - until I switched from iphone to android. Now I have a HTC One S.

Although the phone works perfectly for making calls, I can no longer play music through my car stereo. Since the x710bt does not support a2dp, I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with installing a Miccus Blubridge ? (http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-Mini-jack-RX-Bluetooth-Receiver/dp/B0038MA11U/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1IZIQDB0Z4S4S&coliid=II60UXCHDLXO5)

It seems like I could install the unit, plug in the audio to the RCI connectors that the iphone used to use, and have a fully functional a2dp unit. Suggestions? Comments?

Alternatively, I wanted to know if anyone had simply plugged their One S into the usb port and used it as a mass storage device to play onboard music? 

Thanks.

Should work for audio streaming.  It may display info on the screen for song information, or may not.  I've never used one so couldn't say.  I can tell you though that you would not be able to control your bluetooth device from the touchscreen.  These units simply send audio through the aux jack.

• 1 month later...

I installed Miccus today and it works great. I'm using av2 in the rear of the unit and the avics USB to powerthe miccus. Phone connects automatically and I can stream any music from it to my car speakers. This is how the x710bt should have been out of the box. But the mod only costs about $20. Good luck.