AVIC411.com

PLX Kiwi or GoPoint BT1 worth it?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. I put it in my car 6 months ago and haven't touched it or thought about it since. Only exception to this are the handful of times I put it in a different car to get info from them, and when I switched to my 5 from my 4s. Although with the switch I didn't have to touch it, I just had to re-pair it. 

Thank you. I returned the KiWi and am awaiting the arrival of the BT1.

VBLUE can you update us on this once you get it. I would really like to know

edit -

Hi there VBLUE can i please change my Title of my thread from PLX Kiwi - is it worth it to

PLX Kiwi or GoPoint BT1 worth it?

just so others can easily pick it out

I just came across this kickstarter project today. It's an OBDII reader that connects through bluetooth 4.0 to iOS (Android coming later this fall), it lets you configure custom gauges to display, has fuel tracking, error codes and it runs in the background. All data is uploaded to your online account which they say will be free.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/shred444/drive-with-dash

I wonder if eventually someone will launch a competitor to dash command with AppRadio support. 

They do, unfortunately, the only comparable one that I know of is Torque, and they're Android only at the moment. I'd love to see an iOS version of torque.