AVIC411.com

avic150bh available

I have the CD-IH202 iPhone 5 cable (with the Apple cables that are also required) but here is the kicker. The iPhone 5 doesn't work with the z150 yet. You know, the z150 that is "designed for the iPhone 5." It can stream Bluetooth but that's all.

I thought I had a bum unit when it wouldn't recognize the iPhone at all. I called Pioneer and their techs informed me that the iPhone 5 firmware update won't be released for another week or two. They were surprised that someone already had a z150. They also said that the firmware update would include upgrading the Bluetooth chip to 1.4, they claimed it shipped with 1.2 (I couldn't believe that part).

As soon as they release the firmware update, I'll be able to tell you whether the video works. From what I've read, it should.

The bypass may be as simple as moving a pin in the RCA harness.

However, the harness on the 150 has different empty pins than the 140 so I don't want to try it out and damage the radio. From what I've heard from someone who is skilled in bypasses, the 150 does in fact have the bypass pin (same as the 140) albeit in a different location on the harness. Am waiting for him to test his discovery before I try.