AVIC411.com

CD-IV202AV / iPhone 5 Firmware update available?

The 2013 line wasn't built for the iPhone 5 and that is why you are seeing the problems you are seeing. Honestly there is nothing wrong with the 2013 line. The problem is when these unit were designed and developed it was 2012 and the 30 pin iDevices were all that Pioneer knew of. Now that Apple has changed the standard it has forced Pioneer to throw something together to offer compatibility for what people have. But you can't blame Pioneer for not having a perfectly working solution for a device that wasn't even released when these units were finalized before release.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2013 line wasn't built for the iPhone 5 and that is why you are seeing the problems you are seeing. Honestly there is nothing wrong with the 2013 line. The problem is when these unit were designed and developed it was 2012 and the 30 pin iDevices were all that Pioneer knew of. Now that Apple has changed the standard it has forced Pioneer to throw something together to offer compatibility for what people have. But you can't blame Pioneer for not having a perfectly working solution for a device that wasn't even released when these units were finalized before release.

I might buy that argument if Pioneer wasn't advertising the hell out of how "iPhone 5 compatible" it's 2013 line is.

I could deal with "not having a perfectly working solution"   Problem is it doesn't work at all..   spent over $200 dollars on cables from pioneer and cables from apple and doesn't do a single thing.   Don't advertise or sale stuff if it is absolutely useless at current time.   Wait until it will atleast link phone up and does part of what you are advertising.  It doesn't have to be perfect but should atleast do something..   Play video on screen or something..  You know they could atleast make there apps work with the unit and block the rest of apps until they are running correctly with iphone5.   

I might buy that argument if Pioneer wasn't advertising the hell out of how "iPhone 5 compatible" it's 2013 line is.

That was surely last minute marketing sense they were able to throw a solution together before release. But there is no doubt that when the hardware and software of these units was decided, developed and prototyped, the i5 had not been released yet.

Here's the response I received today from Pioneer

The firmware update for the navigation units were released today.
We hope to have the remaining units update available next week.

I've confirmed they have posted the iphone5 firmware updates for the nav units.  Hoping my P8400-BH will be good to next week....

I have tried and tried and can't get my AVH-8500BHS to change from others to the digital setting.  A few folks mentioned that they did it, but weren't sure how they did it.  Did anyone figure it out?  Would love some help to get that setting to flip over so I can use things as intended.  ** sorry for posting in two places.  This forum has newer posts than the other.

• 2 weeks later...

tick tock...tick tock...

This is absolutely ridiculous, and now it appears that Pioneer has boldly lied to the faces of their customers with their previous update on 4/26:

To our customers awaiting the iPhone 5 related firmware for our 2013 In-dash DVD receiver and Navigation products:

We sincerely apologize for the delay. As you all are aware, the iPhone 5 has a native screen resolution of 1136 x 640 pixels. Pioneer AppRadio and AppRadio Mode products have a native screen resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. Therefore, each app must correctly resize when displayed on the Pioneer in-dash unit. 

Unfortunately, the current version of one of the most commonly used AppRadio compatible apps is not resizing correctly. This app developer has already made the necessary changes and submitted a new version of their app to the iTunes App Store. We have tested this new version and have confirmed that it is resizing correctly. To ensure the best user experience, Pioneer has made the decision to delay the release of the iPhone 5 related firmware until the new version of this app is available in the iTunes App Store. 

We anticipate and hope for this to be a short delay. Please check back for status updates. Thank you!

Business Ethics? Ha.

To change others to av settings

1. Turn off bluetooth of both iphone and headunit

2. Remove hdmi and usb cable from headunit

3. Press reset button on the lower left side of headunit, turn the unit off

4. Try to change to digital settings, if it doesnt work please continue the steps

5. Put back the usb cable to port 1 ( the one below) reset the headunit again, turn off headunit and bluetooth and try to change to digital settings

6. If both doesnt work, remove the usb in port 1, connect the hdmi, reset the unit, turn bluetooth and headunit off, change the settings.

Let me know if nothing works

So the firmware has or hasn't been released? I can't find it on their website. Looking for my X3500BHS and iPhone 5. I already have their interface module and the Apple VGA adapter. Any help?

EDIT:

Just found this on their Facebook posted May 16th

Many of you are anxiously awaiting the firmware update for several of our AVH in-dash DVD receivers that will enable enhanced iPhone 5 compatibility with AppRadio Mode. As you are aware, it has taken us longer than we originally expected, but we are doing our best to expedite this firmware update. We want to assure you that we are not taking this lightly and are listening to each and every one of your comments and concerns. If you own one of these units and wish to receive information specific to this firmware and possibly be contacted directly by a Pioneer representative, we encourage you to sign up on the Customer Service tab above.

:x

I got this update last night!

"Thank you again your continued patience and for signing up on the "AVH DVD
Feedback" tab of our Facebook page.

The firmware update has led to an unforeseen communication error with the
Pandora internet radio app and as a result, audio playback and display of
metadata are disrupted. Next week we will be providing the firmware update
to enable iPhone 5 compatibility with AppRadio Mode on these AVH models
(AVH-X7500BT, AVH-X5500BHS, AVH-X4500BT, AVH-X3500BHS, AVH-X2500BT,
AVH-P8400BH), however the issues with operation of Pandora will not yet be
resolved. We will provide more information next week about further plans
for resolving this issue.