AVIC411.com

CD-IV202AV / iPhone 5 Firmware update available?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just updated my AVH-P8400BH with no issues, pain in the ass to pull the unit out to access the USB port but other than that all is well... I even ran a USB extension cable to my glove box for future updates.

And works with cd-iv202av / iphone 5?

Regards.

And works with cd-iv202av / iphone 5?

Regards.

with the exception of the pandora option, yes everything works fine.... you can still use pandora over bluetooth audio however, just not with the snazzy interface until they release another update

• 2 weeks later...

with the exception of the pandora option, yes everything works fine.... you can still use pandora over bluetooth audio however, just not with the snazzy interface until they release another update

Do you have Advance App control?? You would be the first I have heard. I bought my AVH-P8400BH last may and it worked quirky with an iPhone 4. I waited until the CD-IV202AV was release before I purchased an iPhone 5 along with an extra lightning plug and the vga adapter. Successfully updated the bluetooth to HW05-SW01.27.20, then waited for and updated bluetooth to HW05-Sw01.30.10 successfully. I successfully updated with USB all firmware:
  • CWW6774_Ver9801.YUK ((SYS) System Update, Part 1)
  • CWW6778_V825.HAT ((R2R) System Update)
  • CWW6774_Ver824.YUK ((SYS) System Update, Part 2)
and no Advance App, only blackscreen. I called pioneer and they said to go within settings and under VGA choose the iPhone 5, but it tells me that I have the CD-IU201S used for the iPhone 4 is connected. The option to change this setting is greyed out and that is where I find myself. Pioneer support rushed me to warranty answering no questions. Warrenty gave me a case number and said they'd call me back with what I should do. That was last week.

I called Crutchfield, where I purchased all the above, and they did all they could do but ultimately said they thought another update for bletooth/firmware would be needed that has not been released. If you read all that, Thanks, I am grasping at straws and over $1,000 for bluetooth audio. Any help appreciated.

Do you have Advance App control?? You would be the first I have heard. I bought my AVH-P8400BH last may and it worked quirky with an iPhone 4. I waited until the CD-IV202AV was release before I purchased an iPhone 5 along with an extra lightning plug and the vga adapter. Successfully updated the bluetooth to HW05-SW01.27.20, then waited for and updated bluetooth to HW05-Sw01.30.10 successfully. I successfully updated with USB all firmware:

and no Advance App, only blackscreen. I called pioneer and they said to go within settings and under VGA choose the iPhone 5, but it tells me that I have the CD-IU201S used for the iPhone 4 is connected. The option to change this setting is greyed out and that is where I find myself. Pioneer support rushed me to warranty answering no questions. Warrenty gave me a case number and said they'd call me back with what I should do. That was last week.

I called Crutchfield, where I purchased all the above, and they did all they could do but ultimately said they thought another update for bletooth/firmware would be needed that has not been released. If you read all that, Thanks, I am grasping at straws and over $1,000 for bluetooth audio. Any help appreciated.

yea works fine, i wish the bluetooth support was better because it forces you to maintain a bluetooth connection to the iphone 5 and I just leave mine in my car and dont use it as a phone so its annoying when I try to have two phones connected because it is quirky as sh*t but other than that yes it works fine... i chose VGA in the settings menu for the iphone cable type and no issues.

Also get your cable for free:  http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/Car-PDFs/CD-IV202AV%20Rebate%20Form_May2013.pdf

Pioneer is giving $100 rebate because they messed up royally with getting this update out in March, took them long enough and there is still bugs.

- Dan

Hey guys! Really new to the site here but after reading about your frustrations I was able to figure out how to connect my iPhone 5 to my AVH-P8400BH using the CD-IV202AV connection kit. Just like Wanahike, I too had the CD-IU201S when I went to my RGB input. I simply switched that to iPhone (VGA adapter) and BOOM I was able to use advanced App Mode by simply pushing the Mode button on the front of my head unit. Hope this helps!

• 4 months later...

i try to put this update on pioneer 8400bh radio it got stock on the start screen it was  blue screen so i reset radio by pushing the reset button radio never came back on.

how do i fix it?