AVIC411.com

Z150 rear video output

So has anyone had any issues with sending iPod video into the rear monitors of the Z150? I tried to send Netflix to the rear screens and it will not work, it plays fine on the front screen but nothing on the rear...DVD works fine. I made sure that the rear monitor output was set to iPod, also have changed it to mirror so that it would play the same as the front screen. Please help I have an 1100 mile trip back home and 2 teens that are easily bored!

So has anyone had any issues with sending iPod video into the rear monitors of the Z150? I tried to send Netflix to the rear screens and it will not work, it plays fine on the front screen but nothing on the rear...DVD works fine. I made sure that the rear monitor output was set to iPod, also have changed it to mirror so that it would play the same as the front screen. Please help I have an 1100 mile trip back home and 2 teens that are easily bored!

Did you try setting unit to Av 2 ?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you are running an iPhone or iPod with lightning connector you will only be able to get DVD to show on the rear display unless you do something special.  Why?:

1.  iPod source is not available when connected using the HDMI connection.  You have to get a lightning to 30 pin connector then use CD-IU201N. **However functions relating to video and appradio mode are still not available** (pg. 108 in operator manual)

2. USB and SD do not output video to the rear (pg. 169 in operator manual)

This only leaves 2 options now, AV1 or AV2.  This means we have to somehow adapt the lightning connector into RCA and also note the signal has to go from digital to analog.  It is not enough to just use the lightning to HDMI (apple adapter) and buy a HDMI to RCA cable.  What I believe we need to do is either:

(1) Lightning to HDMI (apple adapter) -> HDMI cable into a HDMI2AV converter (I can't paste the link but that is a model number of a brand named "MINI") -> RCA cable from this converter into AV2, or, RCA to mini jack (CD-RM10 from pg. 19 of installation manual) if you want to use AV1.

this is a lot of wiring and could get messy. (2) is cleaner but more costly.

(2) There is a product called Kivic One.  You can airplay from your iphone/ipod/ipad/android to this and it has built in RCA outputs that can go to AV1 or AV2 of the Z150BH inputs.  It uses its own ad-hoc wireless mode so you can also still use LTE to download Netflix/Slingbox or whatever you want to stream.

There are videos on youtube about this so go have a look for Kivic One.  I ordered one from their facebook page (paypal payment) for $199 USD.  I plan to try it with the Z150BH and also inside my house so I will place it in a storage compartment.  It is like apple TV but has its own network so you don't need a router inside your car and all the things that comes with that.

Has anyone else tried either of these yet? Does it sound like the best way?  I have been trying for a while and haven't been able to figure it out with what Pioneer has given us.  It is stupid that we spend $1000 plus and have all this technology and they can't integrate this stuff from original.

• 5 months later...

Just following up to state that I have tried both (1) and (2) and they work great. (1) is better overall since it is inexpensive and all apps mirror perfectly.  Youtube and Netflix did not work with option (2) because of airplay issues either by apple or the apps themselves.  Alternatives to YouTube like Mctube worked though.