AVIC411.com

Steering wheel controls AVH-5500

I have installed my avh-5500 and love the unit.  I have kept my OEM stering wheel controls.  I am using the metra awc for this.  I just cant get siri to activate from the steering wheel.  Has anyone done this?  I did this on my old z140

Thanks

Mike

Are you able to activate Siri via a button on the included IR remote? if so, then you should be able to configure your steering wheel controls to activate it as well. I'm not familiar with the metra awc though, so you may or may not need additional equipment.

I have installed my avh-5500 and love the unit.  I have kept my OEM stering wheel controls.  I am using the metra awc for this.  I just cant get siri to activate from the steering wheel.  Has anyone done this?  I did this on my old z140

Thanks

Mike

How did you access Siri from your 140 through the steering wheel controls? The 140 would have no way to even know what Siri was.

How did you access Siri from your 140 through the steering wheel controls? The 140 would have no way to even know what Siri was.

I did not access siri on the the 140 but accessed the internal voice commands.

Are you able to activate Siri via a button on the included IR remote? if so, then you should be able to configure your steering wheel controls to activate it as well. I'm not familiar with the metra awc though, so you may or may not need additional equipment.

I have not tried it form the remote yet.  I will try and see if  I can.

Thanks

Mike