AVIC411.com

No Illumination wire from vehicle

Dunno about the falsher module, however if you want the map to change like it would if you have the ill. wire hooked up, you just have to tie it into the parking light wire. If you post the year, make, and model I can get you the wire color.
[quote name="JasonH"] [quote name="JT_GTI"]Can I just hook it up to the Z1 with power and ground to the HU's illumination wire without hooking it up to my car's nonexistant wire?[/quote]

Yes[/quote]

first off, thanks to Ducatiboy for the circuit. got one of the first batch, finally got it installed, without connecting to car's illumination wire and it works GRREAT. Just drove 13 hours from Virginia to Florida and always had full nav and dvd functionality. The unit is awesome. Just ordered backup camera to install when I get back next week. Will also hunt down illumination wire, 2006 Chevrolet Equinox, when I get back.
[quote name="cntrylvr79"]Dunno about the falsher module, however if you want the map to change like it would if you have the ill. wire hooked up, you just have to tie it into the parking light wire. If you post the year, make, and model I can get you the wire color.[/quote]

Can you tell me the wire color for a 2001 Lexus GS300? If so, I would really appreciate it. I don't know if the car even came with an illumination wire so if not, I need to know the parking light wire color. Thanks so much.
[quote name="edrock200"]

2001 gs300 - can't find an illumination wire from harness but found this:
PARKING LIGHTS green + bottom right of fuse panel
You can tap into that. Meter it out to be sure.[/quote]

Thanks for the response, edrock. Just to clarify, does that mean the parking lights wire is the green positive(+) one and that it's at the bottom right of the fuse panel? Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.
[quote name="klm42"] [quote name="edrock200"]

Thanks for the response, edrock. Just to clarify, does that mean the parking lights wire is the green positive(+) one and that it's at the bottom right of the fuse panel? Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.[/quote]

That's correct. No prob.
[quote name="edrock200"] [quote name="klm42"] [quote name="edrock200"]

Thanks for the response, edrock. Just to clarify, does that mean the parking lights wire is the green positive(+) one and that it's at the bottom right of the fuse panel? Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.[/quote]

That's correct. No prob.[/quote]

Thanks, man. 8)
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name="jmoney715"]edrock, can you tell me where to find my illum. wire? 2006 FORD EXPLORER thanks![/quote]

Blue/Red in the factory harness. It might be pulsed so if you are not using a TR7 or ducatiboy bypass and this wire doesn't work for you you can also use the parking light wire:

Blue/White in Drivers Kick Panel or SBJ Connector A. The SBJ (Smart Junction Box) is part of a Fuse/Relay box under the drivers side dash.