AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS app radio mode issues with iphone 5

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm using bypass:  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A9AQPUU/ref=pe_175190_21431760_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

I just went to check again to see if it would connect and it did right away.  I installed a few apps and it froze on the apple install screen on the pioneer screen.  Almost like when a PC locks up.  I pressed mode, disconnected the iphone and was back in the mode of not being able to connect.  I turned off bluetooth on my iphone and then turned it back on.  I was then able to connect right away.

Are you launching the AppRadio iphone app before you connect?  If your not doing this I would try that.  You might also try deleting the bluetooth connection on both the iphone and the 8500.  Then pair and setup the connection again.  The more I play with this thing the more important I think that bluetooth connection is to making this thing work correctly.

It shouldn't be this hard. Between the unnecessary $70 'required' cable and AppRadio issues, 1) Pioneer apparently missed every case study of the past 20 years on how to NOT do something, and 2) seems if you have an i5 you are better off saving your $$.

Wish I'd trusted my gut before dropping $700+ on this crap. I do like the radio, but $700 just to have an HD radio that doesn't light up my car with crazy flashing lights?

before I changed app setting the radio wouldn't sync with phone. all I could do was mirror phone screen

now I plug in phone, sometimes I have to hit ground switch then it syncs with phone and I push allow on phone and it works. Are you running appradio ext? it doesn't work yet right with iphone 5

are you using hdmi cable? Im really at a loss if you switched it to iphone digital out and it will not still work.

i have tried almost everything, it took me a while to figure out how to set it to digital AV (i didn't hit source to off)  

at that point i thought i had it figured out until the actual appmode didn't work.

i havent tried completely deleting the blue tooth profile on both the head unit and the phone, so i will try that next.

i am using this bypass http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007QE03IM/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but it appears to be the same thing as the one sensible is using.

ok bluetooth reset did not work.

tIZ0ElY.jpg

this is what i get when i open the radio control app after the unit asks for permission to communicate with the phone and i hit allow

ohZS5iq.png

at this point it seems like one of three things are incorrect;

1. my iphone 5 is the issue and i need to restore it (i would be forced to update to ios 6.1.3 which i wouldn't be able to jailbreak) 

2. the bypass i am using is causing and issue ( im using http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007QE03IM/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )

3. my unit is defective (seems very unlikely that everything works perfectly except appmode)

tomorrow i am going to try removing the bypass and hardwiring the parking brake and seeing if that fixes the issue.  if not then it looks like my phone or the unit are the issue.

Before you restore your phone try using different iPhone 5 app radio is free anyone can download it then take it off their phone

I hear that the ones who did the 6.0 jailbreak are not going to waste time jail breaking iOS 6.1.3. They are waiting for ios7

Only restore phone as last thing. Might be awhile till we get a jailbreak again

Tomorrow I will check out all my settings see if I missed something

Your phone is not in safe mode is it, any tweaks from cydia that would keep a app from opening?

I'm not saying I'm any good at this stuff but I have been jail breaking since 2nd iPod touch

Been running pioneer radios for 14 years. I know just a little bit despite my bad spelling

If all fails I could put a vid on YouTube of my 8500 working with the iPhone 5

I'm at a real loss why yours isn't working

Before you restore your phone try using different iPhone 5 app radio is free anyone can download it then take it off their phone

I hear that the ones who did the 6.0 jailbreak are not going to waste time jail breaking iOS 6.1.3. They are waiting for ios7

Only restore phone as last thing. Might be awhile till we get a jailbreak again

Tomorrow I will check out all my settings see if I missed something

Your phone is not in safe mode is it, any tweaks from cydia that would keep a app from opening?

I'm not saying I'm any good at this stuff but I have been jail breaking since 2nd iPod touch

Been running pioneer radios for 14 years. I know just a little bit despite my bad spelling

If all fails I could put a vid on YouTube of my 8500 working with the iPhone 5

I'm at a real loss why yours isn't working

i definitely appreciate any help, ive spent so much time trying to get this to work that im completely at my wits end.

i really dont want to restore as you are correct in that there wont be another jailbreak till ios 7

I always start by using the AppRadio app and not the CarMediaPlayer.  The appradio app on the iphone is what brings up the app menu and from there you can go into the various apps including CarMediaPlayer, contacts, calendar, etc.  I haven't spent much time going directly to CarMediaPlayer first. 

Since I re-established my bluetooth connection I haven't been having trouble connecting.  Looks like I'm good for now.

All I do is touch app radio icon on the pioneer and it starts app radio I don't touch phone till it pops a message up to allow or ignore on the phone. I'm going to play around with it when I get a chance and see exactly how I been using the app radio

Ok I found that I have to flip toggle before it will go to app radio

Then flip it again before I can play a vid. You might want to try taking ur bypass off and just touch it to a ground see what happens

I can also lunch any app radio app just by touching app on the phone when I'm in app radio mode

But I can't start any app by touching the app on my phone if radio is not 1st in app mode

Only setting I see that has not been talked about is tag forwarding its set to usb1

Don't give up its most likely something small. And when you get it working you will be happy

Don't restore phone unless you have to. That would be when you try out a differnt iPhone 5 and it works and yours still doesn't . I'm looking forward to mike's program to be updated and we get full control of this deck, can't do that with non Jailbroke phone. Gl hope I could help you in just the least bit

i definitely dont want to do a restore.  my last hope right now is to do a full reset of the unit and re-do the blue tooth.  

if that doesn't work then i will remove the bypass and see if that does anything.

i do have tag forwarding set to usb1.

whenever appradio opens on my phone it just take me to the screen with the arrows drawn between the phone and head unit, it ask to ignore or allow but then the screen on the head unit sits there with the black screen on white writing saying the app is starting, and the only button i can hit is ignore.

is anyone with a bypass able to use the auto eq feature? mine is greyed out, and i think the only way i will be able to use it is if i remove the bypass and hardwire the parking brake

Yeah find someone else with an iPhone for testing purposes before you resort to restoring your phone. At this point I think your problem is with the bypass. Do as Jason suggested and remove the bypass and just touch the P brake wire to a metal service the required amount of times and see if that clears up the issue. The grounding proceeder the unit needs to see on that wire is on-off-on. Good luck.