AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS app radio mode issues with iphone 5

ok so the new unit arrived today, plugged it in and got the exact same issue as before.  i think at this point it is safe to say that the unit is not the problem and it is either my phone or one of the cables.

i'll be returning the new one tomorrow, at least now i know that the unit isn't the issue.

i'll be going to best buy on wednesday to buy a new cable, at that point if it doesn't work i will know it is my phone. 

i should have access to another iphone 5 this afternoon as well

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dont return the new one. Return the one you've had as defective. That way Amazon wont charge you shipping. And good luck.

yeah that is the plan, i also purchased a 4th generation ipod touch to test out. the ipod will be here tomorrow so i can test that out too, if that works i can tether the ipod touch off my iphone 5 until i figure this all out

so i just had a pretty big break through!  my pone crashed while i was using it and it was in safe mode, so i figured i might as well plug it in and see if there is any change.

soon as i launched app mod it immediately worked!  so it appears my phone being jailbroken is in fact the real issue here, i am going to remove everything i have added and see if i can narrow down what has caused the issue here.

what appears to be the best navigation app?

also what other apps are must haves?

Look for any TV Out apps. They can be in conflict with the built in TV Out of the iPhone. And iGo is the best navi app IMO for the moment. Navfree is actually pretty good as well. 

i will look into igo for sure,  i had previously downloaded i TV Out but i had already removed it before i every installed the head unit.  i will have to see if any extensions are still ther

Hi from Germany!

I´ve read all your postings - sorry if I have some troubles with your language but i´ll do my very best.

I´d like to purchase the same product as you have. Here in germany its called Pioneer AVH-X8500bt - but no german forum is discussing any issues at the moment, because the radio is brand new :wink:

I would like to ask some questions about the US Version, which is hopefully the same :-) (instead of frequencies)

I´m also an owner of an Iphone5 but i don´t really need to get the app thing working on the radio. More important is:

I want to use my Navigon app (from the Iphone5) mirrored on the radio screen (full size) - sure with the Lightning HDMI Adapter from the apple store. Navigation announcements and iphone music should come over the speakers.

Better would be: Listen to the ordinary radiostations, Navigon on the radio screen, announcements mixed or with radio faded out over the speakers.

My Iphone is NOT jailbroken and is running with the current version 6.1.3

Possible????

Nav free seems to work well with iPhone 5. I know a can browse web and listen to any music I have on phone, I'll give the music and navigation thing a try next time I go somewhere

Draganjr. I know nothing about android buddy, maybe some one else will chime in

Did you ever get it to work Matt?

I'm really interested in getting the same unit but only if AppMode can be use with the iPhone 5. Mine is jailbroken, but only for the iBlacklist app (nothing more). I was about to pull the trigger right before I stumbled on this forum!!

yes it is working now, one of my jailbreak apps was stopping it and i deleted everything that wasn't necessary.  i still have to figure out which app it was

I remember saying it could be that awhile back

But is great to see you got it worked out

So how you like the 8500 now since you got it working?

the unit works pretty well, i piad the $60 for igo and the appradio add on.  it works pretty well though it is annoying that you cant use the physical track forward or backward from  the appradiocontrol app.

one other strange thing is not being able to use an ipod in usb2 while set to iphone digital av,  it says "incompatible" and wont do anything.