AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS app radio mode issues with iphone 5

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or his bypass isn't working or bad??  I'm using what looks like the same bypass and I'm not experiencing the same issue.

I started having connection issues again.  Finally brought the lightening digital AV adapter in to give it a try.  Same characteristics working on my TV.  Would connect but it wasn't consistent.  Looks like I'll need to pick up a new one tomorrow and give it a try.

well at this point i am furious...

i purchased the cd-iu201s cable to connect my ipod touch to see if i could get appmode to work with my 3rd generation touch.  it connects and work perfectly but again it does the exact same thing my iphone 5 is doing (except not mirroring my display, its just a black screen)  it goes to the screen where is says the application is starting and has the ignore button on the bottom, yet just as with my iphone 5 it never launches the appmode.

at that point i thought it was the bypass so i cut the parking wire and attached it to ground just like it should be, and the issue is the same.

given everything i have seen the only answer at this point is the unit itself must be defective,  i have tried everything to troubleshoot it and it just wont engage.

Try one last thing, do the on-off-on with the p brake wire that the unit requires in order to think it is bypassed. If that doesn't work then assume your unit is defective and have it replaced.

that is what i just tried to no avail, i am going to go back out and try one more time to see if there is anything i have missed

I'm having the same exact problem with my appradio! My i5 is also jailbroken so i wonder it that's what's causing it

at this point it has to be my radio, i have tried EVERY single thing that could be causing it.

its not my bypass

didnt work with iphone 5 or 3rd generation ipod touch

tried resetting both the unit and my iphone

tried deleting bluetooth info 

tried different lightning cables and hdmi cables

nothing worked

I just checked the manual and it doesn't show under AppRadio Mode that the 3rd generation touch is compatible.  Here's what it lists:

• iPod touch 5th generation
  • iPod touch 4th generation
  • iPhone 5
  • iPhone 4S
  • iPhone 4

Sorry you are having so much trouble with this.  I know it was frustrating for me until I isolated my connection issue.  My only suggestion at this point is to go back through everything and make sure it your using to the specs in the manual:  USB1 connection for your lightning cable, try an iPhone 5 that isn't JB, test your bypass by watching a DVD(this should tell you it's work and this is what I did to test mine).  When I have issues like this I find it's usually something simple that I've overlooked.

I just checked the manual and it doesn't show under AppRadio Mode that the 3rd generation touch is compatible.  Here's what it lists:

• iPod touch 5th generation
  • iPod touch 4th generation
  • iPhone 5
  • iPhone 4S
  • iPhone 4

Sorry you are having so much trouble with this.  I know it was frustrating for me until I isolated my connection issue.  My only suggestion at this point is to go back through everything and make sure it your using to the specs in the manual:  USB1 connection for your lightning cable, try an iPhone 5 that isn't JB, test your bypass by watching a DVD(this should tell you it's work and this is what I did to test mine).  When I have issues like this I find it's usually something simple that I've overlooked.

you may be correct...

yesterday when i cut the bypass off and hard wired the green to my parking brake i was able to activate the tab for auto EQ, but appmode still didn't work.

i was able to play video via the video out that happens through appmode on my iphone 5 while on the freeway (my passenger was testing everything) but i havent tried a dvd while in motion.  i am going to do that here shortly and see if the bypass is working in that regard.

i ordered a second unit from amazon, i figure if mine is bad i just return my defective unit and keep the new one and if the new one displays the same exact issue then i know its not the unit and i return the new one.

I hope the new unit solves it.  At least you will know through a process of elimination what the issue is.  I got a new lightning cable today and connects every time.  Now I finally get to enjoy it.  :mrgreen:   Waiting on two more items to finish up my install in the Golf a uber stealth sub box and amp rack.

Matt also one more thing to try here. I am a little concerned about you purchasing your Apple adapter through Amazon as a lot of the stuff they sell is counterfeit from China. I realize you may have purchased it from Amazon and not a vendor but as a last ditch effort, go to Best Buy and purchase the adapter there. Test it and if it works you know the adapter is the issue. If it doesn't just return it to BB. I say this because the problem you are describing sounds like a communication issue between the adapter and the software. Good luck and Im out if suggestions.  ;)