AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Brickified

I have an AVIC-X910BT that I tried to reflash and its bricked. 

Well, When i first got it, it hung up at the system booting and wouldnt go any further. 

So, I went into the service menu and did a formatmbr by accident. It killed it completely with no splash screen or anything. 

Whoops. 

I have my SD card I used on the F900BTs I had done before with no issues, its the 4.0 torrent and iGo 2012 maps. 

I stuck that in there, and did the CE upgrade format and it went fine. rebooted to the desktop. 

Copied the AP1/2/3 stuff as required like I have done before on the F900BT. That went fine. 

Rebooted again with SD card out, no splash screen, and no boot. So, i repeated the process again, this time opening the system settings EXE manually, and applying a new splash screen. So now I have a splash screen. 

Rebooted, got the splash screen and the welcome settings. Went through the settings, and once that was complete it DID NOT reboot. it went streight to the navigation menu, and AV menu. 

the AV button menu didnt do anything. press it nothing happened. Nav worked. 

Reboot the unit again, it will freeze at the splash screen and will not go any further. 

This repeats over and over. I cant get to the main screen again unless i reformat the flash memory and copy it all back again, this way it goes back into the welcome screen. This is the only time itll work. Otherwise, reboot once, its stuck. 

any ideas? I never had this problem with any other unit. maybe this one is fucked. I have seen alot of me-too posts that never been answered hopefully this one will be. I cant find any X series files anywhere, all I have is the F series stuff. Maybe they are not the same? 

BTW. I dont have the wiring harnesses, its up on the bench and only thing connected right now is ground, B+ and accessory. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...