AVIC411.com

Trouble with antenna wire since I installed the AVIC-U220

I have an AVH-P3200BT hooked up to 4 amps that are all triggered with the blue antenna wire.  I also have a relay that is grounding the parking brake so I can watch DVD's anytime I want (more for the occasional passenger).

Everything worked perfectly UNTIL I added the AVIC-U220.

I can no longer watch DVD's (I never do anyway so no big deal) when the car is in motion, but my bigger issue now is that when I turn the AVH-P3200 OFF, the amps still stay on unless I remove the key.

The antenna is always up because of this which is making it impossible for me to ever go to a carwash.

The blue wire is no longer turning off when the radio is off (the unit is never really OFF though because all you are doing is turning the source off).

Any suggestions???

I love the system but I hate to take a step backwards because I added the U-220 navigation.

When I added the U-220 to my AVH-4400 my single pulse bypass also stopped doing the job. Once you add the 220 you need a double pulse bypass which is the one sold for the 8400 OR add a momentary normally open button switch in the line so you can hit it once which will fix the DVD problem. Can't comment on your other problem, something is not wired correctly.

When I added the U-220 to my AVH-4400 my single pulse bypass also stopped doing the job. Once you add the 220 you need a double pulse bypass which is the one sold for the 8400 OR add a momentary normally open button switch in the line so you can hit it once which will fix the DVD problem. Can't comment on your other problem, something is not wired correctly.

What wouldn't be wired correctly??  It worked perfectly for a year until I hooked up my U-220.  Maybe the power wire is needing to be switched??

Can you elaborate on the double pulse switch.  I have no idea what that is or how to hook it up.  I did ok with the relay.  Everything worked fine until I added the u-220

it is a known issue that the U series of navi add ons will disable your bypass.

I'm not concerned about the bypass...I want the blue wire to turn off when I shut the avh-p3200bt is set off.

Since I hooked up the avic-u220, the blue wire stays on and my antenna stays up and my amps stay on unless I turn the ignition off. This is a problem when I want to go through a car wash because I cant lower the antenna when it says source off.

• 2 months later...

It doesn't make any sense that this would happen because of the add on. Something else is wrong.

Like what?? This issue only began when I hooked up the AVIC-U220.  The amps and antenna worked perfectly with the AVH-P3200BT until I hooked up the AVIC-U220.

Everything works but I cannot get the blue antenna/amp wire to lose power when the radio goes off now.

This is interesting.  I came across a different problem, but am considering the parking brake micro bypass.  My problem is strange.. I had the blue wire from my AVH-P3200BT hooked up to my amplifiers and my power antenna and everything worked perfectly.

Now I have my AVIC-U220 hooked up and the blue wire stays hot all of the time unless I turn off the car regardless if I turn the source off on the radio, AND I can't get the antenna to go down if I'm going into a carwash, etc...

The blue wire will only shut down if I turn the power off to the ignition and I cannot do that in a carwash.

Advice???

• 2 months later...