AVIC411.com

Wanting to know at what volume does avh-x8500bhs clip at

Set the gains on my amps today. I used 40 hz test tone for bass and 1000hz test tone for high amp

But I am not using amp that's built in the radio my mids and highs are running off a amp

So I can't tell when the deck signal starts clipping. Anyone here had their system tuned and gains set with a O-scope? What volume did they tell you not to turn deck past

When setting gains eq and bass boost should be off, open up crossover's so amps get full signal

If you use test tones like I did all you have to do is turn up gain till the note changes the back off gain right under that point. It's best to use 0 db test tones. Both 40 and 1000hz are easy to tell when you set gain to high. The 40 will sound like a different note and the 1000 sounds like it ( breaks) or cracks for not finding a better word to explain it on the 1000hz

When setting gains eq and bass boost should be off, open up crossover's so amps get full signal

I realized this could be taken wrong. Do not shut off crossovers just make sure they can get the test tone you are playing

Don't do something dumb like send 40hz to your mids and tweeters

Still shut off EQ, or flat. Turn off any bass boost ( bass boost and clipping are worst enemy of subs)

Start with gains set all the way down and have fun

I emailed pioneer and they reply back RCA's don't clip

I have done some reading on this a some say they don't clip and others say they do

Guess I'm not sure if RCA outs clip or not but I already set my amps with the radio volume set to 35 so I'm playing it safe

My subs are rated 500 watts rms each and I'm using a 1500 rms so I didn't want any clipping going to them and blowing them

Guess I'm ok on RCA pre outs on the pioneer