AVIC411.com

F700 Voice Recognition

New to this forum. Just installed my brothers F700BT to my car...everything works fine but my voice recognition. No matter what i say it never hears me? only if i say call...mic works well when i do bluetooth on it...everybody says i sound great...

any ideas? any way to calibrate system?

ok got the voice recognition to work for music..i say the following

Play Artist....

or 

Play Album....

but now for the life of me, i cant get it to do handsfree dialing? Ive tried

call (and name), call (name that is listed in stored contact phonebook, Call Contact etc

any other variations i should try?

ok so with the music voice recognition out of the way maybe i can get help for the hands free dialing. So i imported my contacts, and they are all their stored on my system. When i had a buddy call me his phone number just popped up with no sign of his name (calle id) even though that specific number is saved in my system as a contact. I went to received calls log and once again it show just his number and not his name.

I have a feeling that when i try to use voice recognition it doesnt recognize the names i say because they are not programmed into my system even though the contacts are there? any information you might be able to pass along would be appreciated.

getting close, now i can at least call a phone number...i have to say one before the numbers though and it dials it...i assume thats what i have to change all the prefixes on my contacts to...will do that later and resync...any other ideas would be helpful too

Really no help...no one? man what a forum...

im so close...voice recognizes every command except calling from contacts? which are there? ohh well i guess i will have to stick to looking up contacts and pressing tneir icon to call them...Thanks everybody for the immense help :)