AVIC411.com

X950BH iPod NIGHTMARE! HELP!

Hi guys,

I apologize if this problem has already been posted about and solved in advance. I just had the X950BH installed in my 07 Scion tC. Unfortunately I am having major issues right now with getting my regular iPod controls to work (30 pin iPod not iPhone 5).

On my old AVIC F700 I was able to use a REGULAR 64GB iPod plugged right in to the connection and be able to go to my playlists, artists, songs ect. right on the touch screen. My issue is with the new X950BH for some reason I cant figure out what is going on. I purchased ALL of the extra accessories that were stated on the Pioneer website but yet I still have NO access to using my iPod on the touch screen itself. It works through my iPod (physically picking songs from the iPod itself) but when I hit the AV Mode the screen goes blank.

All I want to do with this system is use my iPod ON THE TOUCH SCREEN like my old system use to do. Are the guys at Best Buy who installed the device messing wires up or is it just not possible to use a regular iPod on this device?

Please if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

On page 10 of the user manual it lists the iPod versions and iPhone versions supported (12). It mentions that you have to use the "USB interface cable for iPod" sold separately then all will work. I think that is the two part cable I had to get so I could play my MP3 and videos from a USB thumb drive, around $90 or something. It has the 90 degree connector where it plugs into the back of the X950BH.

I just looked at the manuals from the x950BH and no page 10 tells me about iPod versions. I did however find that I might possibly need an adapter called CD-IU201N? Does that sound like what you had to get?

1 more side note - I had Best Buy install the system, I notice when the car is DRIVING I get a warning about not being able to view the system while moving, could it be I do not have a bypass running with the system?

Yeah, that's the cable you need. I use the same one + an adapter with my iphone 5, so I'm sure it will work for your typical 30 pin iPod.

Hey bro so what your saying is you used that connection stated above and used the regular Apple converter for the plug to hook up your iphone right? Do you use AppRadio with that? Also, do you use a bypass for your unit? Just trying to make sure I get all the info because I've already had to pull this thing apart twice lol...

Hey bro so what your saying is you used that connection stated above and used the regular Apple converter for the plug to hook up your iphone right? Do you use AppRadio with that? Also, do you use a bypass for your unit? Just trying to make sure I get all the info because I've already had to pull this thing apart twice lol...

Yep, I use CDIU201 cable + an apple 30 pin to lightning adapter for my iphone 5.  That won't ever give full appradio support, though, because there's no way to carry the video over lightning (like there used to be with the 30 pin). To get full appradio support, you need CDIH202, which includes an HDMI cable, but you also have to buy an apple lightning AV adapter, AND another lightning cable...and you need a firmware update that pioneer has yet to release... So I chose to skip the video features for now because they're just not that important to me.  For you, though, with your regular iPod, the CDIU201 should be fine by itself!

There's a decent chart that lays it all out here for iphones:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/2013+Pioneer+and+Apple+Compatibility - just keep in mind that when they say "with 30 pin to lightning adapter" they mean ALSO with the CDIU201, which is the 30 pin interface cable.

Also, in terms of a bypass, I followed these instructions and I've had full control, no warning messages, nothing!  

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36184-avic-x850bt-bypass

Ok I ordered the CDIU201N cable. Now as far as bypass is concerned...do I need that in order to work the touch screen (pick songs, playlists & search)? My older F700BT model was used when I got it off eBay and I didn't use any type of a bypass it just worked. I don't know much about these systems so if I HAVE to do a bypass im going to need to find a place to do it.

Do you have to purchase a bypass separately?

Ok well I have that cable it should be here by Friday. Do you think the guys at Best Buy would know how to bypass my unit? I saw it on YouTube and it looks simple but I am not very good with those kind of things and it probably be best if some type of a pro did it...Hopefully after this weekend I won't have to deal with this thing anymore!

You could call the Best Buy techs and ask but I'll bet a Mexican dinner they will say no as it would probably violate some "policy" they have. You could probably see if one of the guys would do it on their own time for some $$$$ but that might get him fired so you'll have to learn how or find a stereo shop such as those in the videos and they would do it.

I work for Best Buy and we will NOT bypass the units.  It is against our policy because it is illegal.  Also based on some of the questions and comments posted on here I wouldn't want the majority of those peaople able to watch video while driving.  The p brake connection however has nothing to do with ipod control for music.

Whoa don't bite my head off people. I think 1 post would have sufficed about the Best Buy stuff. Like I said I don't know much about installing these things so yeah. I don't play videos ever I just listen to music all I want this god damn machine to do is play my music and allow me to use the touch screen to control what songs I want next. That's it.