AVIC411.com

Tom Tom update maps deletes driver view!

Hey Everyone,

I just bought the CNDV-1100HD map update for my Avic Z1 updated to a Z3. On the front of the box is a big warning sign that says due to the size of the POI's installing this update will result in the loss of the drivers view map view modes.

I love drivers view. Did this happen with other people? What do you think?

Thanks, Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't like keeping my map view in DRIVERSVIEW Mode during reaching a destination BUT, I did like my turn prompts to be the DRIVERSVIEW, it really helped gauge the distance of the upcoming TURNS, as opposed to the 2D turn prompts.   But yeah I miss it.

• 2 weeks later...

I did and it does two things, it destroys drivers view which I love and when your within 500 feet of a turn using turn by turn driving directions the screen goes blank gray! See the attached pics! It sucks.

http://i1290.photobu...zpsd30d972b.jpg

I thought it was just something wrong with my AVIC...  Now it will really bug me that it is doing this..

^^   Yeah, your gonna have to go into options and switch the turn guidance view to be from 3D to 2D.

Thanks.  I figured there was a setting somewhere that I could set it to 2D.  I probably set it up back in 2006 when I bought the unit and never looked at it again.  Weird because the 3D never really set it to "Drivers View" and the 3D map still shows fine.  /shrug