AVIC411.com

Anyone Get Appradio Mode Working with an Android Yet?

Having an extremely frustrating time with this. 

I've got my X8500BHS working, HTC One connected to it via MHL adapter to HDMI and USB1 (Pioneer CD-AH200 kit), downloaded Pioneer Appradio app, CarMediaPlayer, got the Carkeyboard as default typing input, tried App Connection as both iphone AV as well as "others", and still see nothing but a greyed out Apps button on the main screen. 

Anyone who's got an Android phone going with app radio mode, how did you get it to work?  What were your exact menu settings?

Hello there,

I just got my 8500 yesterday.  Setting the droid to it is weird for some reason. Do you have your phone set to transmit voice and music?  I had this issue.

My problem is I have to calibrate the white dots every time I want to use the appradio. That is goofy, any suggestions?

I have the Bluetooth connection working for both voice and music yes, but no luck getting the Apps option going on the main screen.  Not sure what you mean by calibrating the white dots, sounds like you're having more luck than I am with getting appradio going. 

• 2 weeks later...

So far I am happy with the appradio, however once I upgrade my phone, ARliberator will be put on it and do away with the silly pioneer keyboard that is bad to type on.

The appradio calibrating with the white dots on the opening screen is annoying, however I will put up with it, for now.

• 2 weeks later...

So far I am happy with the appradio, however once I upgrade my phone, ARliberator will be put on it and do away with the silly pioneer keyboard that is bad to type on.

The appradio calibrating with the white dots on the opening screen is annoying, however I will put up with it, for now.

My X8500 will be here tomorrow. I'll be rooting my Rezound and putting ARL on it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I got asked to do the white dot calibration once and it works fine after that. AV is on others. Only word thing is that the 8500 tries to scan the USB port for music each time I plug in the phone, so I use the car's own 12v for USB instead.

Avh-x8500bhs, Samsung s4, Samsung mhl2 dongle (white) - pioneer mhl can't work directly with s4. I do have a 11-5 pin Samsung tip on the way.