AVIC411.com

Z110BT - Bluetooth error message *Registration Failed* solved

Thought I would share in case anyone else has this issue.

I have a Z110BT with upgraded firmware to most current update (Z120BT).

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Bluetooth connectivity has never been an issue until recently. The head unit stopped conecting to my phone. I tried to re-pair the device to the unit and I kept getting an error message *Registration Failed*.

I thought maybe my phone was the problem, however it wasn't as it pairs with other devices just fine. I also tried pairing my older Samsung Galaxy S2 and received the same *Registartion Failed* error message.

I found a simple solution: I went in to the services menu and did a "Restore to Factory Settings" and now....no more issues with my bluetooth connection.

Problem SOLVED! Whew!

• 1 year later...

Has anyone else found success with this? I have an AVIC Z120 that within the last 9 months has had issues with the bluetooth. All of a sudden, one day it wouldn't connect anymore and I kept getting a "registration failed" window. I work for a phone company, so I have the pleasure of carrying two devices in constant rotation, and have tried to pair with iPhone 5, Sony Xperia Z1, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Sony Xperia Z1S, HTC One M8, Samsung Galaxy S5, and all have failed.

I've deleted the paired devices from the unit, tried to initiate from the phone and from the unit, and nothing seems to work. I have stored memory in the device and would hate to restore to factory settings for nothing, but I guess I'd rather have working bluetooth since I am tired of using a USB flash drive instead of Spotify or my music library from iTunes. 

Hopefully there's at least one other person here who has experienced this issue and tried this method? Chances are, I will probably just lose my patience and push the button before anyone replies. The reason I am trying so hard now is because I have been in Hawaii for 4 months and finally shipped the car that has the unit in it to the island, and I was hoping it would magically fix itself after changing the battery and getting reset, but no such magic occurred.