AVIC411.com

ASWC-1 in 2010 Maxima - Monochrome w/Bose

Hi all. Had an odd install on my 2010 Maxima that I wanted to share in case anyone else runs into it. I spent several hours connecting up the ASWC-1 adapter to my factory harness. Per the instructions the ASWC's Red/Gray wire went to Pin 6 of my harness (White w/Green); The Blue/Gray ASWC wire went to the Blue/Gray harness Pin 16. Lastly Pin 15 was grounded (Solid blue w/ Gray dots). In this configuration my Head Unit would only read volume up and down. Source, Seek / Preset was ignored along with my Bluetooth controls.

After resplicing the connections 4 times I called into Tech Support. We walked through the color coding and confirmed this was correct. The tech rep had me try swapping the pinouts and moving ASWC Red/Gray to Harness Blue/Gray, and ASWC Blue/Gray to Harness White/Green. Surprisingly enough to both of us this auto detected correctly and all the buttons short of Bluetooth worked perfectly. My only remaining task was to manually program the Bluetooth.

Neither Metra's rep nor I have any clue why it was backwards but I wanted to share incase someone else hits this.